five

Jungkook entered the house mumbling curses as he did. The place was bathed in red light and music was blaring no matter where you were in the house. There were people dancing, laughing, enjoying, and just all out having a good time. It was like being in a club atmosphere the more he wondered through the house trying to find Jimin.

Ten minutes of searching and he sat exhausted on a stool at the counter of the kitchen. There were trays of various snacks and beverages and Jungkook took a red plastic cup of a red liquid which he assumed was some sort of juice.

Boy was he wrong as the liquid slid down his throat making it sting and he let out a string of curses as he coughed. This wasn't the first time he's had alcohol but he hadn't been expecting it and it caught him off gaurd. Scrunching his nose in disgust he opened the kitchen tap and stuck his head under so he could get some water in his mouth before turning it off and swallowing.

Turning his head here and there he looked through the packed crowd but couldn't see Jimin anywhere, and the more he didn't see him the more he got worried.

"Where did you go Jiminie." The song switched once more, a slower rhythm, more sensual, and everyone started to dance against each other making Jungkook roll his eyes. Typical.

Wandering this way and that it seemed like the night was going on forever as he went through room after room, up the stairs, down the stairs, to the front lawn, but he didn't find who he was looking for.

Jungkook trudged up the stairs for the fifth time hoping he'd find Jimin in a room somewhere, hopefully not with anyone else. His head felt heavy and his mind was buzzing. Having taken that one shot he had gone back to the kitchen to take a few more and now he was regretting his decision. He wasn't totally drunk but it was making it difficult for his mind to continue the task at hand.

His hand landed on a doorknob and he turned stumbing into someone's room. He didn't remember if he'd been here already and if he had he couldn't tell. The room was quiet, the loud bass of the music seeming as if it was coming from another house. It was dark with a single lamp aluminating on a nightstand beside a bed which was perfectly made.

It was then he noticed the small hatch in the roof with a ladder coming down. Was it the best idea to climb while he ws drunk? Probably not but he did it anyway. A cold breeze blew against his face as he pulled himself up and tried to steady himself on his feet.

But he couldn't for the rooftop of the house was in a triangular wedge and in his state he didn't understand how to keep his footing. His foot slipped and he cried out in surprise as his body slid down the side of the building. There was a thin piece of slab at the edge though outlining the side of the roof which assumed must be for the gutter. His feet placed firmly on the slab as to stop himself from falling face first into the front lawn.

Jungkook groaned shutting his eyes tight as he opened them again. His heart was racing, adrenaline pumping, veins buzzing with alocohal and his stomach feeling uneasy. Someone grabbed at the back of his shirt and he could feel the tug as he was dragged back up the side of the roof.

"Oof!" He whimpered in pain as his back hit something hard which was the landing for the chimney, the only fat surface there was and with a dark figure looking over him, their dark bangs waving in the wind, and blacks studs shining under the moonight.

It was Taehyung.

•••