39~ First Time Since...

Start from the beginning

"Nope." Taylor said while almost body slamming the beanbag, just to get to it before Lauren could.

"Chris and I are having a mandatory sibling day. And you know the rules. We already have it planned." Taylor spoke while Lauren stood, almost lifelessly, not bothering to say a thing.

"We're going to buy some snacks and rent a movie and buy pizza." Taylor smiled and Lauren knew there was no arguing. She slid on her house slippers and headed toward the car.

"Can't believe she came out her room." Chris said astonished by her sister's handiwork.

"Its a sister thing."

"Taylor we all have dicks. We are all basically brothers."

"Get in the car, Chris." Taylor shook her head.

As soon as they made it to the store, Taylor and Chris were regularly heading out of the vehicle while Lauren sat in the back, her arms loosely draped around her mid section. Chris opened the door for her and smiled gently.

"We're here sis, lets go inside." He took her hand to help her out and all Lauren could do was keep looking down. On their way in, many of the kids who were spending their last summers together were hanging around and immediately became silent and aware of Lauren.

"Hey isnt that Lauren?"

"She looks skinnier."

"If she looks like that, I cant imagine what Y/n would look like."

"I have no clue why Lauren looks upset. Y/n was the one who was done wrong. I cant believe her."

"Hey, Lauren," a petite girl walked up to her, a girl who she'd recognized as Camila's younger sister. She didn't really want to look up, but she did, and she could hear several gasps at her appearance. Lauren could only raise a brow at Sofi.

"I was wondering if you could tell me-"

This was it. This was where Sofi got her small part of revenge on Lauren and either hit her fave with food or dumped something wet in her. And to think it was a good choice to wear a white shirt.

"-which of these were better? I've heard that these were great because they are sour, but these ones are sweet and seem to be everyones favorites." Sofi asked holding two packs of sour candy in either hand, confused as to which ones would be worth the buy.

Chris and Taylor had stood frozen an isle behind Lauren, still peeking around the corner to make sure she was okay. They knew she would break down at the smallest thing. Lauren just walked past Sofia without saying a word. She walked toward the back where there were less people.

"Darn. I thought I could really get her opinion." Sofi frowned as Chris and Taylor walked up to her.

"Thanks for not being mean or saying anything about the situation." Chris spoke kindly, shocked overall.

"She doesn't deserve the pain." Sofia frowned a bit.

"How's Jasper?" Taylor asked before managing to settle her thoughts.

"She's fine Tay. She just needs some time, she said she didn't want to be seen as the girl who was taking sides so she's laying low with Camila and Y/n, but I can assure you she misses you." Sofia reassured her friend

"So... do you guys have a preference for this candy?" Sofia asked once the silence almost became uncomfortable.

"Why don't you just buy both?" Chris asks and both girls scoff.

"Because I only buy the best. Plus the store ran out if plastic bags and I do not feel like carrying both. And I wanna buy an ice cream too. I need a designated cone hand." Sofia spoke.

Just then Lauren had come back with a packet holding both Sour Apple and Sweet Strawberry, a 2 in 1, packaged together at 2 dollars instead of $ 1.50 for one or $ 3.00 for two. She tapped Sofia's shoulder and handed her the pack.

"How did you-"

"They keep the good deals in the back. I used to share these with-" Lauren spaced off and stared at the package intently, as if remembering the fond memories, the ones before she was exploited.

"Thank you." Sofia smiled at Lauren and kindly took the package. "Well, I should get going, see y'all around, now I gotta buy me that cone." Sofia smiled and headed to the register.

This was the first time she was able to do something on her own.This was the first time she had come outside publicly.  Those were the first words Lauren had spoken in weeks.
______

So i kinda have an idea of how this will turn out but... like i also have a feeling you guys will hate me.