22

_____________________

Alice POV

I set my bag on the table, the foyer of Zeus's home seemed darker than usual. Like a film of despair painted over it, maybe it was just me though.

It's been four days since the night I was cured, I found Poseidon's car parked behind Asclepius's castle and used the GPS to make my way back to Zeus's place.

I'm not the best at directions so it took me a whole day to get back.

I haven't seen or heard of Poseidon's whereabouts since then.. I of course explained to them what happened.. I told them Amphitrite and Asclepius were working together and both had a strong distaste for Poseidon and they cured me.

I stayed at Zeus's for a few days, trying to get all my things together and preparing to leave for home.. Fin would absolutely not let me drive home alone so he told me he was ready to be back in WestPort anyway. He insisted on taking me.

Zeus walked in, with Fin at his side. They were talking low, and across the room so I barely heard a word they said. They seemed concerned and deep in conversation. Fin rubbed his hands over his face.

He looked bigger.. something about Fin just seemed.. stronger. I watched him as he moved, he just looked different.

He caught me staring, to which I quickly looked down at my bag and pretended to look for my phone.

Him and Zeus walked over, Zeus stared at me with a solemn expression across his face, his arms crossed over his chest.

"We haven't heard from Poseidon, we've no idea where he is.. we're not exactly concerned because we know he can handle himself but considering the reasons as to why he has left, we are a bit hesitant to let you leave.." 

"Why's that?" I question.

They eye each other..

"Just be careful," Zeus said vaguely.

I don't want a reason to stay here, I'm ready to get out of the supernatural world and be back in my own.

"Well, thank you for letting me stay Zeus. I wish things would've been different but.." I trail off uncertain as to what I would even say. Things aren't different, amphitrite made the cure and maybe she can make a reverse for it but I'm sure that will come with a price Poseidon won't be able to pay.

"Amphitrite is still out there, so be on your toes. Call Fin if you're going anywhere so he can go with your or at least know your whereabouts." Zeus seems so professional.

"I don't need a body guard, Zeus" I say in a gentle tone.

He picks up my arm and reveals the gaping hole still etched into my skin. "I think history says a different story."

My face reddens and I hide my arm behind me, "I'll be careful," he eyes me, "I promise."

"What about... the Gum Wall!" I exclaim like I've just found a national treasure. The hum of the truck along the road.

Fin's old red truck apparently died after our last trip up to Zeus's place so now he has upgraded to a big red F150. If I hadn't seen the looks of this boy, his sleek white hair and electric blue eyes, and his modern attire, I would've pegged him as a country boy.

"Sounds.. sticky," his nose scrunched as I looked over at him from the passenger seat causing me to giggle.

"Cmon it'll be so much fun! We can stop at the store, buy some gum, and then we'll both leave ours there. Like leaving a part of us!!" I talk while using my hands.