17

YALL BETTER BE HELLA EXCITED GET READY

Word count: 1768

_____________________

My ears could practically hear the wealth in the room, hear the fine glass wine bottles hit the table cloth or the way shiny bracelets banged against each other.

It was a calm and gentle silence.. a luxury many but yet few could afford. Poseidon's hand slid off of me and he greeted a man that was at the register like he'd known him.

The man shot me a strange look and he continued on down the beautiful restaurant to find our table.

As we walked through the restaurant, full of people, I hid my injured arm behind my dress out of embarrassment. Poseidon pulled me in close as he slowly kissed my cheek.

"I want everyone to know you're mine." He whispered in my ear.

The man led us into a room which was empty except for a table and two chairs sitting right in the window to look out over the city from the high point of view.

There was a bottle with a navy blue tulip sat in the middle of it.. my favorite. The table cloth was white with red outlining, matching my dress and Poseidon's tie.

The view out the window was remarkable, considering we'd ridden the elevator to get here.. the lights of the city illuminated the sky like a light bulb was on and the stars peeked through the clouds.

Poseidon opened my chair, "Sit."

I sat doing exactly what he said and he walked to his and sat in his chair.

"You appear nervous, Alice." His hands folded cleanly on the table.

"Not at all," I looked up at him.

"I assume you have lots of questions for me to answer, don't you love."

"Yes." I held back a hitch in my voice, "Ami isn't just some random girl is she.. Amphitrite is your wife.."

"You said that like a statement." His eyes squinted.

"You didn't answer."

"Yes, Amphitrite was my wife. I thought... I tricked myself into thinking that Amphitrite was in fact my fated love." He appeared sad, distraught.

"But you're no longer married to her?"

"No."

Amphitrite said that they were.. but she also tried to cure me of being his fated love so I'd say she wasn't exactly of a right mind.

"How do you know Fin?"

"Fin's real name is Delphinus he is my lieutenant in command of the ocean.." he explained.

"Meaning he's the one that you sent to make Amphitrite fall in love with you exactly like you did to me?"

His eyes shot up to mine, "Never.. ever compare yourself to that bitch." His hands fisted on the table.