01

______________________

The wind tossed and pulled at my hair as it flapped around gently behind me. I could hear the raging ocean only a few steps away, crashing onto the sides of the rock.

I took another step back as the face in front of me struck a chord of terror in me. The edge of the grassy rock ending only a few feet away and then I would fall off of this cliff and into my impending doom.

"What're you doing here all by yourself, Alice?" His dirty blonde hair whipped along in the wind also. He lifted a dirty finger to lightly suck his cigarette and blow a puff of smoke into the air.

"I-I um, waiting for my dad." I lied.

"Don't lie now, Alice." He took a step closer to me and I matched it but backwards. His two sidekicks behind him, Jay and Marc, mirrored his steps.

"I'm not.." I trailed off.

"Oh?" he ate up the ground with one large stride as he was suddenly right in front of my face, "would daddy save you if I pushed you off of this cliff?" His rough hands snaked around my forearms and clenched tightly.

"You should really eat a breath mint," I so wisely stated. I mean honestly Alice? You're on the edge of a cliff and you decide to piss off the one with your life in his hands, literally.

"Excuse me?" His foul smelling odor filled my nostrils, it reminded me of cheap beer and cigarettes. A smell so familiar to me, thanks to my classy ex.

"Ookay, please. If you're not going to take my advice you might as well just do me a favor and push me off of the cliff now." His face scrunched up at my rude remark.

Yes, that's exactly my reaction when I smell you.

He gripped harder on my forearms and pulled me away from the cliffs edge as he shoved me against a tree, a sigh of relief left my lips.

"I'll give you a taste of my breath," he crashed his lips onto mine, his disgusting slithering tongue messily exploring my mouth.

I was about to vomit in his mouth. Did he want me to vomit in his mouth?

In an attempt to break free I shoved him as hard as I could but he wouldn't let go of the hold he had. I brought up my knees and hit him right where it hurt the most. The lock he had on my lips and the hold he had on my forearms loosened immediately.

Well, looks like he won't be able to use that thing for a while.

On his way down I hit him as hard as I could in the jaw and he fell to the floor grabbing himself and his friends ran up and asked if he was okay. He stood up sloppily and brought a thumb to the corner of his lip and swiped a bit of blood.

He smirked and I knew the only choice I had was to run, jump over the cliff and hit the jagged rocks.. or stand here and see what my future beholds.

I chose the decision with the highest rate of survival.. and that wasn't much. I tossed the boys a look and sprinted to the edge of the cliff, fumbling over rocks and leaves and I took one giant leap, my foot grabbing hold of the cliffs edge, and the next thing I knew I was in the air.

The air was wet and I felt like I was flying. The last thing I heard before the crashing waves below took over, was the dirty blonde haired boy, Alex, scream in terror.

And then my body smacked the water, enveloping me in a case of frigid waves and no air. I paddled and paddled, my eyes sealed shut but the air I needed didn't come. I didn't find my way out. My whole body burned from the impact. The waves turned and tossed my body in all different directions disorienting me.

I felt anxiety, fear. The only comfort I had was knowing I'd see my mom in the life after this, but I wasn't going to give up. Knowing she experienced this same exact thing was painful.

I struggled and struggled but to no avail. I finally slowly opened my eyes, the water stinging them. The foreign feeling of salt water against my contacts.

And then I stopped. I let my body relax. And I realized there was silence. In the midst of death there was a deafening silence. I was too far away from the waves to hear them. I began to feel numb from the coldness of the water.

No one would save me, I knew that. I didn't matter to anyone. I had a loving father but he was so lost in his grief to even notice mine and although I forgive him for it, he has been drowning my whole life.

He has wanted someone to save him. But if he's taught me anything it's that no one will save you except yourself.

But maybe I didn't want to be saved.

The feeling of water encasing your whole body is like none other. I felt as though my chest was about to explode and then I hit it.

I remember it was called the breaking point. The point where your body thinks it better to just inhale the water than inhale nothing at all.

Water filled my lungs and I began to suffocate. And then right before I fell unconsciousness and then later death, I saw a face. A boy.

His hair was black as the night and his eyes as blue as the sea. His face was decorated with freckles and his lips red. He was all I could focus on as my eyes tempted to flutter shut.

His eyelashes floated along with bubbles carelessly caressing them. His lips were open, not holding in any breath. He was calm.

I wasn't sure if I was passing from this life to the other, but this boy took his hands and ran them through my floating hair around me and he leaned in to what appeared to be him kissing me, and then...

Black.

______________________

Guys y'all don't even know.

If anyone ever decides to take a peek at my search history they might think I'm trying to drown myself lol.

"What is it like to drown?"
"Does drowning feel like sleeping?"
"How long before you die?"

Honestly 😂😒

And don't worry!! Alex will get his karma soon enough ;) and you'll just have to keep reading to find out!! 😌

Don't for get to vote! Xoxo
-weedly