08

Hello loves! Please go and check out the preface chapter at the beginning of the book! I updated the cast and I like it better now. If you need a visual representation of the characters I recommend you go there haha.

I added a few new characters that weren't there before! And I explained how the mythology works.

Also feel free to listen to the song above for this chapter.

______________________

Alice POV

Somehow I knew it was him. By the way he had kissed me so gently in the midst of all my pain, the way his hand held my waist.

And the moment his lips hit mine the pain was gone, the torture of my chest feeling like it was about to explode was gone, all I had was emotion.

And for some reason it felt like a tiny shock pulsating from his lips to mine, as if there was real electricity there.

I didn't know why or how. I wanted to scream. But instead I let him do it. I let him grab my waist tighter and pull me into him, causing a tingle sensation down into the pit of my stomach.

It was like I was floating in the air, like I could breath but his lips gave me that breath. It was indescribable.

His tongue swiped along my bottom lip asking for entrance and that's when I realized.. he was the reason I jumped.

He just told me it was a mistake for him to want to kiss me. That I looked pathetic in his hoodie.

I fisted his shirt in my hands and pushed him away, the lock our lips currently shared breaking. He looked at me with a look of confusion, frustration maybe, his eyes lit up like they did that night in my room.

He wasn't completely human. I knew that now. But he couldn't actually be the myth Greek God, Poseidon. Because they are exactly that.. myths.

And then I heard him speak to me, though his mouth wasn't moving. And despite the water we were currently submerged under I heard him perfectly.

"Why do you pull away?" His voice seemingly said to my thoughts.

"Why do you care," I thought. I didn't want to be with him anymore. He was scaring me, he wasn't what he said he was.

I left him, alone. I swam until I found the shore, the rain still poured down onto the Earth as I submerged from the water, the oxygen now being my source to breath.

I stood on the sand, my clothes were sopping wet. That day that I jumped, I didn't except to find him in the water. I thought that it was fate bringing him to mind but I should've known better than to believe in fate.

I was angry.

I stared at the sand as I began to leave him behind but a beam of light appeared right in front of me, and in a flash he was standing before me. His face bruised from that fight.

I gasped and almost tripped back.

"Don't walk away from me," he growled through the roar of the rain.