ch. 28

A door closed and the two boys broke their kiss, staring at each other's faces with the look saying, "Shit, what do we do."

Thomas was still on top of Newt, who turned his attention to the door of Thomas' bedroom that remained shut. Chuckling with relief, the blonde guided the brunette off by the hips and whispered softly, "Jesus Love, your walls are so bloody thin."

    The younger stuck out his tongue mockingly, but his expression instantly changed into a panicked one when the sound of footsteps neared.

    Newt sat up with a funny "oh shit" smile and quickly tried to fix the both of their bed-heads, which caused Thomas to freak out even more.
    "Do we look like we-"

    The door flew open.
    "Thoma-! Oh...hey, Newt," the female brunette cocked her head to the side in confusion, but still managed to be polite.

"Good afternoon, Miss-"

"It's..evening, dear," she raised her eyebrows and smiled lightly, probably jumping to many conclusions in her head.

The statement made both boys turn to the window, and surely enough the world outside was dark, and the clock on the wall said 7:02. Thomas choked on air, and Newt pat his back in a way that was too sincere to be considered a friendly one.

Her eyebrows twisted more. "..Did you two..."

"No!" Thomas choked and slapped his chest, then cleared his throat. "We did not...do -ahem- that."

     She blinked and was obviously not convinced.
"Well..alright, then, um-"

    "I'll head out," the blonde chuckled and stood up to leave, but Thomas grabbed onto his wrist and whined softly with a pout on his face.
    Newt's eyes widened, and the brunette was too surprised with the gesture that had just come out of him without thought, especially in front of his aunt. His face burned a bright red, and the brit scratched the back of his head with his free hand nervously and gently tugged at the one in Tommy's grasp.
    "Uh...I'll see you tomorrow, maybe?"

    Thomas let go, already forgetting he was still holding on, and nodded hard. "Y-Yeah, see you. Bye. Goodnight. L-Love that shirt you've got on." He wanted to slap his forehead so hard.

    The blonde couldn't help but smile fondly, and Kimber definitely noticed it too.

    "Goodnight, Tommy," he almost cooed before turning back to the female. "And sorry if I frightened you. I came to return his clothes from yesterday. Goodnight," he beamed, and she dipped her head, smiling too as he left the room.

    When she turned back, her nephew was staring at a spot on the floor with the dumbest grin on his face. She scoffed and sat down beside him, folding her arms.
    He was the happiest she'd seen him in a while.

    "Spill."

    "Spill what?"

    "You know exactly what to spill, Thomster."

    "...Can I refuse?"

    "Nope."

    He sighed, but the smile was still present everywhere in his posture and face. "We're kinda sorta....dating......now?" The boy threw himself into the mattress face-first to hide the obvious blush on his cheeks and grin that spread from ear to ear.

    She scoffed again, "Why are you asking?? Are you or not?"

    Thomas nodded into the pillow, and the red dispersed all the way to the back of his neck and ears. "Yeah, we are." His voice was barely comprehensible in the cushion, but Kim lowkey found it adorable how flustered the brit made him.