ch. 0

(still a relevant chapter lol pls read this)

Thomas laid on the thin, green blades of grass, his eyes tired and heavy.
He stared at the night sky above him.

    Not a star to be seen.

    His face remained emotionless, a complete emptiness deep into his bright, brown orbs.
Just like the abyss-like atmosphere.
Just like the abyss-like feeling.

    He closed his eyes and listened closely to the silence, for it was all too surreal as the wind blew into his hair and clothes. The rustle in the leaves filled his ears with a soft wave of reassurance.

    Thomas opened his eyes again and stretched his head up to look behind him.

    There was the building, too short to be considered a skyscraper and too tall to be considered a normal-sized piece of architecture. He saw this building every night, for he came here every night.
So it didn't take long for him to notice a difference.

    A boy with golden hair.

    He was on the roof, looking down.

    Why are you looking down, Thomas wondered. He knew all the beauty was up, up in the sky where even if nothing were in it, it was full of the unspeakable.

    He didn't look like he was going to jump; he wasn't on the ledge and he seemed rather content with himself behind the rails.

    Thomas sat up, but never took his eyes off of him. His hair blew in the wind like his, but when his did it seemed to flow rather than fly. His clothes were looser on his body, yet they still managed to hug his thin but healthy frame.

    Something about the boy made Thomas curious. Something about the boy made Thomas want.