Chapter Nineteen~Beware His Silver Tongue

Percy's POV

Well shit. I was kind of hoping he wouldn't have shown up. Dam it. Ugh! #whenyourtorturerwontleaveyoualone.

Despite how overly ready I was to kill him, to just stick my sword right where it hurts...I found myself standing and staring.

My hands shook and threatened to drop my sword again, just like last time. Man, that would be embarrassing. Cause everyone who wasn't looking at Tartarus was looking at me. And I hate being the center of attention. It makes me feel claustrophobic. And I do not like or enjoy feeling claustrophobic.

Anyway, Tartarus was also looking at me. Yay, I feel so flattered. I swear I got butterflies in my stomach!

I brought a hand to my mouth daintily and gasped, my hand hiding a smile. I wiggled my eyebrows at him flirtatiously and he wrinkled his nose in disgust. I laughed in delight. Percy 7 Tartarus 50. Almost there.

Tartarus then pulled himself the rest of the way out of the crevice in the Earth, no doubt a direct path to Tartarus. He flexed his muscles and scanned the crowd. He swung his sword around in front of him to test it out a little.

It was a very strange sword. It was quite big of course, and it looked very dark, evil, and sinister. The blade seemed to be forged of five different metals. Why five, I don't know. Lucky number I guess.

When he was satisfied that everything was in order he boomed, "TURN OVER PERSEUS JACKSON AND ANNABETH CHASE TO ME OR ALL WILL BE DESTROYED. THEY HAVE WRONGLY ESCAPED MY CLUTCHES AND I WISH TO HEAR THEIR SCREAMS FOR ALL ETERNITY. YOU HAVE AN HOUR."

And with that, the crevice widened and a fresh batch of monsters came right out of the oven(of hell). You see, this Tartarus fellow makes me mad. Blinding mad, raging storm mad. You get the gist of it. And here he was, threatening my friends to give us up.

Deep down, I know that they would never let us go, but I sometimes think it would just be better and easier that way. This was one of those 'you want this you'll have to go through me' situations. Except Tartarus already knows he's going to have to go through us and he also knows he's gonna win.

A wave of hopelessness surged through me. But then I shook it off. There's no time to think like that. I will kill him if it's the last thing I do. I have to protect my friends. No matter what. No matter what.

Don't be afraid of your fate.

I took a deep breath. I kissed Annabeth hard in the lips. "I love you so much." I said. There was a steely look in her eyes and her face didn't betray any emotions. "I love you too." She said. I turned to go but she grabbed my face and kissed me again before taking my hand in hers. "We're facing his together. You're not getting away from me."

"Never again." I finished. I turned to Jason and gave him a curt wave. "Nice knowing you." He frowned but then tried to shake it off and try for a smile. I guess he doesn't like the whole 'I'm probably going to die' talk. Understandable.

My hands were sweating so I wiped them on my pants. I readjusted my armor and rolled my shoulders. Annabeth grabbed my hand again(the one without the sword of course). And Jason stood on my other side. Piper stood beside Annabeth and Hazel beside Jason and soon we had a defensive line.

Tartarus raised an eyebrow at us. Then he laughed. "Bring it on, Son Of Poseidon. I will have your blood."
$&@$&@$&@$&@

Frank's POV

Okay, I've heard plenty about Tartarus. He's been described to me. I've been informed of the terrible things he's done to my friends, but nothing has prepared me for this.