Chapter Seven~What have you done?

Piper's POV

"I'm afraid he's comatose." Bruce said. Hearing those words Annabeth got up and bolted. I started to follow her, but Jason held out a hand to stop me.

I turned to look Wanda, a wild fury burning in my eyes. This was all her fault. If she had just heeded Annabeth's warnings, none of this would have happened.

Wanda looked extremely guilty and I almost felt bad for her. Almost. I stormed over to her, backing her against the wall.

"What did you see?" I growled. Her lip quivered. "I-it w-was horrible. All of it. All his fears. H-he was being tortured by this horrible man. A-and the place was like a scene of hell."

I felt a shiver run down my spine. I felt hot tears on my cheeks. So that's what happened. Oh my gods. Why didn't they tell us? I couldn't help but admire Percy even more. If that had all really happened, how could he still joke and smile? I looked Wanda right in the eye.

"That's the thing," I said, "They're not just fears. They're memories."

"And those things you saw? Because of you, he's reliving them over and over. He's suffering, stuck in his own mind, because of you."

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Percy's POV

Tartarus liked to play a little game he called Dagger or Whip. It was like his version of Truth or Dare. It was horrifying.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Annabeth's POV

I sprinted to the infirmary. Once I was there, I had to hold back a sob. A coma? Seriously? What has he done to deserve any of this?

Bruce walked in and started talking to me. "His brain and body aren't shutting down, and his brain waves are active, so he's not expected to be in a coma for an extended amount of time, but I can't predict exactly when he'll wake up."

"Thanks Bruce. How's Wanda?" I asked. "She's doing better now. Got a little scared I think." He said looking at Percy. The way he studied Percy in awe, I could tell that he was surprised something a teenager saw and experienced, could've shaken Wanda so badly.

That gave me a little shock back to reality. The things that scared Percy were still going on in his head right now. He can't afford to be comatose for much longer or he could go insane.

I told Bruce this and he studied me while searching for an answer. "We could have Wanda try again." I started to protest but he held up his hand and continued. "She's seen the horrors already, she would be prepared. Now she could focus on getting him out."

I considered and eventually decided it was worth a shot. "Okay." I said. "Alright, I'll go get her and inform the others of the plan."

He walked out of the room and I took Percy's hand and kissed his forehead.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Percy's POV

Pain. That's all I felt. But as long as they weren't hurting Annabeth, I wasn't going to complain. I was slightly aware of Annabeth screaming my name from across the room where she was tied to a chair and forced to watch.

I tried to focus on her voice as the whip dug into my skin again and again. I never screamed.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Wanda's POV

I felt horrible for what I had done. I need to realize people's boundaries. If they don't want me in their head, I need to restrain myself unless it's absolutely necessary.