Chapter Three~We just cleaned this place!

Annabeth's POV

Somethings wrong. I know it is. I can feel it in my bones. Somethings wrong with Percy. My fear is rolling off me in waves and I know the others felt it too.

"He'll be okay, Annabeth." Leo called from three cells down.

I was shaking and I couldn't stop. Something felt horribly wrong. My attention snapped to the Black Widow, who hadn't spoken a word since she's been down here, so about half an hour.

She brought her hand up to an invisible communication device in her ear. "Come again?" She asked.

A shrill voice sounded from the other end. I could just make out the words. "He's still unconscious but now he's thrashing. And all the pipes in the damm building chose this time to explode so...."

"Do you need help up there?" Natasha asked. "Fine."she answered and sat back down.

As if I wasn't scared enough already, water started to drip from the ceiling. A pipe in the corner exploded, dousing the two agents in water. That's it.

"Please!" I screamed, "I need to get up there. I need to help him!"

"No kiddo, you're staying right here." Said the Hawkeye(I don't know why, but Leo found the name hilarious).

I shook the bars as I screamed for them to listen to me. If they didn't let me up soon, Percy could unintentionally destroy the whole building and possibly kill some people in his unconscious state.

I know what he was seeing. I was the only one who truly understands. I was there. He can't wake himself up from the horrible flashbacks, so that's where I come in. I need to get up there and soon my friends joined in my pleas; they understood the seriousness of the situation.

Percy could go insane if he's in them for too long. It's like the torture all over again. I know because I was as well, though not as bad. I was hardly tortured in Tartarus. Physically that is. I had to watch the love of my life endure unthinkable pain day in and day out and I couldn't do anything to help.

Maybe we were out now, but that doesn't mean the pain stopped. I need to get up there. We haven't told the Seven what really happened down there. We haven't told anybody. I couldn't bear to place that burden on any one else's shoulders. It was ours and ours alone.

And we shoulder it together. I need to help relieve Percy of his burden for a little while, the one that he never shows, never complains about. If you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't see the stress and the worry and the fear. But I do.

This burden we share, in some ways, is as heavy as the sky. But that's not where the similarities end. It's an impossible, agonizing burden, and it doesn't take long to look beat up and broken.

That's one of the many reasons I admire Percy. He always puts his friends ahead of himself. If he's suffering and his friends need help, he'll suffer a little longer. It's incredibly selfless and courageous, but he's also humble.

My mother once told me that 'The one's that don't want the throne are the best fit to lead' and that is exactly Percy. He never gets a big head and I know he'll never turn into someone like Hercules.

But you're the most vulnerable when you're sleeping. Percy can't hide his pain and his fear that torture him relentlessly. All of his self-control goes away when he's unconscious. I've got to get up there.