Chapter 5 Pondering

Scene: Meanwhile Lian, Gin and Rimelo are hiding inside a small enclosed building. They made sure to board up all of the windows as they scouted the area.

Rimelo: Well ain't you a sight for more gleaming eyes woman.

Lian: Um excuse You?

Rimelo: I wasn't talking about you wonder thighs I was talking about that phantom mutant monster outside that's just waiting to turn us into chowder.

Gin: Ugh* I can't believe this is happening. We're trapped and split up from the General.

Rimelo: Pfft I wouldn't bother worrying about that Gin, and at least the youngins are in better hands than we are right now.

Gin: I'm not worried about those two as much as I am about the general. I've got the worst feeling right now.

Lian: Not to mention we've got to take the long way to get back to the evac zone. It's 78 miles now instead of 63. Traveling through the forest means certain death it's all on us for now.

Gin: So what's up with this whole ordeal with the letter that Makura was holding?

Lian: There's not much to really tell. Like we're literally just getting abandoned it's as simple as crackling that. I just don't understand why the General of people would keep this from us for so long until now.

Rimelo: Yeah you're right but I don't buy into that fully just yet. The General wouldn't withhold certain info with a viable reason other than classification issue though due we were recently not ever going to get promoted to being soldiers and I do see a problem due to that we Elders are always given majority of the information even if some of it was suppose to be classified information.

Gin: Well from the look on the Generals face he looked really tired. As if something is eating him from the inside out. I mean losing military support is too much for us to bare right now

Lian: Tsk its just like you too Rimelo to only truly care for your own hide. All of those people's lives are at stake. If the military abandons us then how will we survive this nuclear winter coming in the next 6 months.

Gin: Well thats whats its come to now damn Lian

Rimelo: Gin you of all people must realize whats really at stake here 

Gin: No its just that, I mean I've heard about it a bit in the past but I've never seen nor experienced nuclear winter before.

Rimelo: Gin a nuclear winter approaching us during this time and age means certain death for a vast majority of the people thats left. It's horrifyingly cold. No power is available during this either, and there's no going outside period.

I've been through 2 nuclear winters in my life so far and it's not for sightseeing.

Lian: You've been through 2 and survived 

Rimelo: I'm not joking here all of the elders once had to go through nuclear winter before we began the settlement at HQ which was over 27 years ago

Lian: Dang.

Gin: Rimelo, please tell us how we can make it through this we really need to know.

Scene: Rimelo's whole entire expression flipped backward on its side the room grew very silent and you could feel the tension about the story that's was going to unfold. For this moment Rimleo to Culian and Gin looked like a totally new person as you could feel and see the great anguish upon his stern face and soul.

Rimelo: Nearly 30 years ago when I was just 17 I was a young pilot in one of the assets programs being developed in Southern region in the Pocamal sector.