Namjoon, who had been busy chopping onions while listening, turned to them. "Now that makes things clearer. Is that also why he had a lot of 'pawns'? I'm guessing those are from the mafias?"

Z nodded, a smirk on his face. "Exactly. It was getting more and more dangerous because a lot of other gangs are taking interest with the Data. Not only that, terrorists have also been informed about its existence. They have taken interest not just on the Data but on Alpha Centauri. I had no choice at that time but to find a way for them to stop going after the Data."

"And so you faked your death?" Yoongi asked.

Z squinted his eyes and looked thoughtful. "More like, orchestrated my death..."

The statement was met by a roll of eyes from Tadashi. "Stop looking for dramatic words. Suga is right, you faked your death."

Z scowled at his best friend and then proceeded to speak. "I planned everything is such a way that no one, including Y, would know that I'm still alive. X will not stop until he gets what he wants, and creating a serum that forces people to reluctantly speak the truth is not a far cry for him."

Jin, who was busy mixing something in a bowl turned and addressed them all. "Scientifically speaking, that is possible, although no one has ever succeeded in creating one. Chemists have only gone as far as making a serum that affects the consciousness and proper state of mind of a person, causing them to answer truthfully to questions without them knowing or remembering. But a truth serum that really prevents someone to lie? Not yet. Very, very,  possible, though."

The response made Z smirk. "Exactly, Peach. You and R had already been recruited by X at that time. I saw the potential in both of you. Given the right resources, I think you two together can create tons of dangerous things."

Yoongi looked to the side to see the reaction of his two friends. He snorted because what he saw was a blushing Jin and a flushed Namjoon who whisked the eggs too much causing it to fly everywhere.

"Another reason is because I wanted to keep Jimin safe. Nobody except for Y knew about my family, but I'm not delusional to think that it will forever remain that way. Sooner or later, they would find out no matter how good I am."

"B-but..." Yoongi turned, hearing Jimin's voice. He finally spoke after being silent the whole time. "I would rather know the truth than believe all my life that I've lost you forever."

The crack in his voice also created a crack in Yoongi's heart. He watched as Z closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, looking like he was trying to remain composed in front of them all.

"I know, Chimmy... Appa is very sorry," he said, then pulled his son into his arms, resting his chin on top of his head as he ran his hand on Jimin's back. "I- I only wanted what's best for you. The only way for me to protect you is to keep you isolated from the world. I wanted you to have a normal life, be a normal boy with friends and dreams. I'm really sorry that I had to leave you but I'm here now. I'm hear now, Chimmy. Appa will never leave again..."

Jimin slowly raised his head, his hand wiping the single tear that fell from his eyes. Yoongi guessed that Jimin had become a lot stronger now. He was definitely not the whiny and scared Jimin that he had first met.

"Well, I guess that's alright," Jimin said, his face forming into a smile. "It was your mission, Appa. This sounds cliche but you had to save the world. I'm proud to be your son..."

Z smiled, and damn, they look so alike that Yoongi felt like his breath stopped at the view. "Yeah, your dad saved the world. And your boyfriend helped significantly. You're surrounded by real heroes, Chimmy."

Yoongi blinked, then flushed.

Jimin rolled his eyes, the sadness in his face now fading. "Yeah, right. Hyung saved the world. Really, sometimes I feel like all he does is praise himself."

Yoongi blinked again. 

Wait.

"Hey!"

======
Okay, so I really really apologize for all the confusion about Y. This is actually my fault since I'm updating sooooo slowly that some of you have probably forgotten those small details that were not really mentioned that much in the story.

So Y is Z's best friend to death, thus he's his right hand in AC. Jimin calls him 'Uncle' because he grew up in the constant presence of his dad's best friend. Now, it was slightly mentioned in the earlier part of the story that Y took Suga in and raised him, training him to become an agent. Suga had an abusive father and he had lived in the streets for years before Y took him in.

So nope, no incest thing going on here. Lol.

Starting from here, normal pace of updates will be done just like before. Around twice a week.

P.S. Please be reminded that Yoonmin had an indirect kiss in the latest Run. Hooray!

God bless ya'll~