Chapter 36: Paradise

The waves crash against the gray shiny stones, with the moonlight reflecting on them. I let the crispy breeze embrace my not-so sore body. A week has passed since Manager Shi was imprisoned for life, with the receptionist and the other doctors. A week has passed since Jungkook and I talked, laughed, cried, hugged and resolved out our conflict. A week has passed since Suga and I started going out for runs together. 'It's just in case...' he said, and I proceed to give him personal training.

A week has passed since V and I started dating.

In secret of course, just as I train Suga in secret, and discuss with Jungkook our favorite webtoons.

A week has passed since Mr. Lee died.

Gorilla took his place as bodyguard, but I could see the sadness in his eyes as he was promoted. We both know that no one will ever be able to replace him, and we will never be able to forget him.

The waves crash again, and I jump in my place. "Hey, you okay?" Asks V, who sits beside me, with his body lying on the sand. I hug my trembling knees.

"Y-yeah." He could see right pass my lies. Sighing, he stands up, and extends his arm towards me.

"C'mon." He says, smiling brighter than the full moon behind him. "Where are we going?" I ask, taking his hand without hesitation and standing up, shaking the sand off of the dress he made me wear.

"Anywhere." He sends a fleeting wink and with that, he takes my hand and starts running along the beach.

We started running parallel with the shining sea. Beneath the moonlight, everything looks different. As if in the night, the things you thought existed, don't, and fantasies come to life.

I run behind him, letting him drag me along the sand.

But with my hand and his linked, it was only a matter of time before he noticed why a smile is missing on my face.

He stopped slowly, and I stopped as well. My eyes drowning in the beach at our left.

"Ae Ri. Talk to me." He said, making my body turn towards him.

However, my eyes don't meet his.

"It's nothing really..." I try to brush him off, but he knows me too well to let me go.

"Stop lying. Something has been up with you since that day at the temple. I've tried everything to make you smile, and yet all I get is a 'nothing' or 'forget it'" I didn't realize how I was affecting him.

I didn't know he cared that much.

I remain silent, letting the waves speak for me.

"I know that what happened was... traumatizing. I know how much you cared for Mr. Lee. I know you are not normal... but that is what I like about you. You don't have to fake it in front of me." He started, getting closer to me, making sure I am listening to him.

"You don't understand..." I try to say, shaking my head and staring at the sand on my bare feet as if it were diamonds.

"I don't have to. I don't want to understand it right now. All I know is that you are safe, alive, and with me. Time will let me slowly understand whatever it is you can't tell me." He is too good. He is too kind. He is too comprehensive. I will never be able to be the person he thinks and expects me to be.

"No, you don't understand. I am so much less than what you think." I try to say, my eyes desperately looking up at him.

"You are so much more than what you think." He says with a kind smile on the plate. Offering it to me, but I brush it away.

"I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself," I admit. I can't help but picture myself drowning in the sea beside us. Breath no longer on my lungs, eyes burning with the salty water. No longer desperate to breathe.

"There is nothing you need to forgive. Because you did nothing wrong." And suddenly a hand is dragging me, pulling me to the surface of the endless pit of despair.

I cough the water out of my lungs, but the aching pain is still there.

"Say that to Mr. Lee." I didn't intend to sound as rude as I did. As I always did in the past.

"He did what he had to save us. He made that decision on his own, and I will always be grateful to him. You know why? Because he saved you. He saved the love of my life." My heart stopped. Breathing becomes impossible, and staring at his eyes unavoidable.

"What do you mean?" I shouldn't have asked that. Because I know him too well as to know when the raw truth is coming.

"The moment I saw that knife being pointed at you, my heart stopped." Mine did too, when I was strangling him, when the guards were holding him.

When a gun was pointed at his head.

"I love you, Ae Ri." Even though I expected this to come, it hit me just as hard. His eyes burn into mine, all unspoken feelings trapped on our inability to speak clearly when we stare at each other.

"Don't love me, I can't even love myself." Stupid, stupid, stupid. How can I admit something so pitiful? Why can't I seem to be quiet and lie to the man in front of me?

"I will make sure you do. You are the most badass, smart, beautiful person I've ever meet. Don't push me away, don't push yourself way." He takes both my hands on his. Just realizing how big his hands are, and how small mine look in comparison.

"I won't" I smile. I lost against him, again. The first time, without me wanting to lose. This time, I throw myself at the cliff, knowing that he will stand below with his arms opened, ready to catch me.

"So, about that... I think you still owe me something." He smirks, the mood suddenly shifting as if the atmosphere is under his command and wry grin.

"W-what?"  Why am I too afraid to find out?

He leaned closer, his lips just a few breathes away from mine. His eyes lowering to them and back at my eyes. 

"This." 

He kissed me.

And I kissed him back.

THE END

~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

We've made it to the end.

I don't really know why I took so long to write the conclusion of this story. Maybe I didn't want it to end. I left a lot to the reader's interpretation, and I hope you are fine with it. 

There are still things I left inconclusive, which will be added on the epilogue I plan to write hopefully tomorrow, so I won't leave you waiting any longer.

I guess I will leave my final message on the epilogue, so for now, I just want to hear your thoughts <3

Please remember to Vote! It means the world to me:D

As always: Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.