Chapter Eleven- Aria/ Niall

Aria:

       Did I just hear Niall correctly? Was he offering to rub my neck for me?

       “You don’t have to do that,” I said.

       “I want to. If you don’t fix it now it will just hurt worse. Plus I’ve gotten a couple massages here and there professionally. So I know a bit of what to do”.

        I smiled and got a bit closer to him. That was sweet of him, caring about how I was in pain. I was originally planning to just take a bubble bath or something simple like that tomorrow, but a massage sounded a bit nicer.

       “Thanks,” I said. He began to rub my shoulders and upper back for me, kneading the muscles gently. It felt nice. I could already feel the tension in my muscles beginning to evaporate.

        “You smell good”.

         I laughed. He was such a child sometimes. “It’s not polite to sniff people, Niall”.

          “Well you do. What perfume is that?”

           “Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift”.

           “It smells bloody terrific. I’m buying myself a bottle”.

            I giggled. Knowing Niall he would probably actually do that. “Have fun walking around smelling like a lady”.

            “But I am a lady!” he protested in a fake woman’s voice, causing me to laugh more.

            “Erm, do you have another shirt you can change into?”

            I stiffened instantly. Oh no. This was one of my nicest shirts. Had he ripped it? Somehow dirtied it? “Why?”

            “It’s a rough material and I don’t like how it feels on my hands”. He sounded so nervous.

            “It isn’t the best feeling on my back either. It kind of feels like sandpaper on my skin”. He laughed.

            “I hate to ask but can you unbutton a few buttons, just so I can rub your shoulders. I promise not to look”. I knew he wouldn’t look. Innocent little prudish Niall?  Definitely not. And despite not knowing him for super long, I knew that I could trust him. He was thoughtless most of the time (except when it came to food of course) but he always had good intentions.

             I laughed. “Perv. You better not look”.

            “I swear I won’t!” he exclaimed, his already nervous looking face bright red from embarrassment.

           “Calm down, I trust you. You’re too much of a prude to look anyways”. He laughed, signifying his agreement.

            He continued to knead my shoulders and upper back. I felt my once tense, stressed out muscles loose and calm.

           I heard the sound of glass breaking. I whipped my head around and saw Liam standing at the doorway, looking extremely embarrassed. I felt my embarrassment show in my cheeks. I was probably fire truck red by now.

          “Urm, I’m going to go back inside,” he muttered.

          “Liam, it’s not what it looks like”.

          “Niall, it’s fine don’t explain. I’ll be inside if you need me”.

          “Liam, I swear I was just rubbing her neck for her. It’s not like that”.