Chapter Nine- Aria

“Aria! Wait!” I heard Niall’s voice say. “Aria”. I turned around. He had caught up to me and was now right beside me. “I’m sorry-“

            “Just save it Niall! I TOLD YOU this would happen! What were you thinking? Now you’re entire life is essentially screwed up”.

            “No Aria, it’s not. Look Simon has a plan-“

            “A plan to what? Explain very kindly to everyone that it was a fake date?”

            “No,” he said before smiling, “You and I are going to be in a relationship”.

            I stopped walking. Did that boy say what I think he just said. “We WHAT?”

            “Simon said that if for about six months or so we act like we’re in a relationship for press related purposes, it will keep my image”.

            “And what about my life? I’m supposed to just not go to bars or clubs for six months? I can’t flirt with guys or date anyone because I need to be your fake girlfriend?”

            “Aria please. I’m begging you. I’ll pay you if that’s what you want”.

            Oh no. Oh dear god no. Please tell me that boy didn’t just say that. “Do I look like a call girl to you?”

            “No. What’s that have to do with it? Just please Aria, I’m begging you”. His clear blue eyes filled with tears. In that moment he looked so vulnerable, so helpless, so weak. Almost childlike really.

            I sighed. “Fine. I’ll be your fake girlfriend. What does this include?”

            “Fake dates, fake romantic gestures, fake public displays of affection, etc. Is that alright?”

            “It’s about as alright as it’ll ever be,” I grumbled. He whooped loudly and lifted me off the ground, squeezing me tightly and spinning me around.

            “Niall, gerroff,” I said, my voice muffled in his shoulder.

            He grinned at me. “You my love, are a true friend”.

            “We’re not friend’s..” I said awkwardly, looking away.

            He cocked his head a bit to the side, a look of utter confusion upon his face. “We aren’t? But last night? I thought we were”.

            “We were until I found out that six months of both our lives are being put on hold because of something stupid we did”.

            “Aria it’s not that bad”.

            “Yes it is! For all I know you could be madly in love with some London girl and I’ve just taken that away from you. And I had planned to go to bars and go clubbing and now that’s been taken away from me”.

            He hung his head sadly and bit his lip. “You’re mad at me now”

            “No I’m not necessarily-“

            “Yes you are. You’re mad at me now. And it’s all my bloody fault. I shouldn’t have kissed you. I should have just run away from those girls. I always get nervous around girls and I’m always screwed because of it. I’m so, so, so sorry Aria. I can’t tell you enough how sorry I am for causing you all this”. He looked so sad. I couldn’t stay mad.