Chapter Seventeen

Aria:

Everything was so beautiful. The living room (which was once messy) was now looking like a fairy’s nest. The vanilla scented candles lit the room up, making it glow. The petals of a flower (I think a carnation) were scattered around the room perfectly.

“Did you do all of this?” I murmured to Niall, feeling breathless. He nodded his head.

“It’s so beautiful,” I whispered. I was at loss of words. Beautiful was understatement. Words couldn’t describe how perfect this moment was.

He sat down on the bed and patted it, wanting me to sit beside him. I did just that. He turned on the television and flipped through the channels, stopping at the Notebook, knowing that it was one of my favorite movies.

“Is this ok,” he asked nervously.

“Do you want to watch it?”

He shrugged. “It’s your decision”. He lay down and I did the same beside him.

“But I don’t want you to have to watch something you don’t want to see”.

He smiled and pulled me close to him. “You want to watch it. We’re going to watch it, ok?” he whispered into my ear. I cuddled into him and he wrapped his arms around me.

We ate pizza and watched the notebook in our little fairy nest. It was perfect.

When we were finished, Niall stood up. “Let’s go out the veranda,” he said. I took his outstretched hand and followed him outside.

The view from the veranda was absolutely beautiful. You could see all of the gorgeous lights and the streets of Portugal. On the veranda were two oversized purple floor pillows and a guitar.

“Gonna play us a song eh, mate,” I said in a fake British voice. He winked at me and picked up the guitar, sitting on the floor pillow beside me.

He picked up the guitar and began strumming. After several chords he began to sing.

She’s all laid up in bed with a broken heart

While I’m drinking jack all alone in my local bar

And we don’t know how, we got into this mad situation

Only doing thing out of frustration

Trying to make it work but man these times are hard

I smiled, remembering how Niall and I had bonded because of our shared love for amazing bands such as The Script, The Kooks, Michael Buble, etc. I had told him that For the First Time was one of my favorite songs by the Script.

She needs me now but I can’t seem to find the time

I’ve got a new job now in the unemployment line

And we don’t know how we got into this mess, it’s a gods test

Someone help us cause we’re doing our best

Trying to make it work, but man these times are hard

But we’re gonna start by drinking old cheap bottles of wine

Sit talking up all night

Saying things we haven’t for a while, a while, yeah

We’re smiling but we’re close to tears

Even after all these years

We just now got the feeling that we’re meeting

For the first time,