Nighttime Things

The whole school day was quiet. Nobody, but me, the adults, and my friends, said a single word while we were around... and the Dean since I broke Chen's nose. He asked what happened since the cameras only caught Chen trying to make me his girlfriend. Not me kicking him in the nose. Heh heh. I got away with breaking him, but that's besides the point.

What the point is, however, is that everyone thinks I'm an angel and Lloyd and his friends are making me a dark angel. What they don't know is that it should be reversed. Lloyd isn't the cursed child.... I am.

The reason why I'm cursed is because of my birthday. The number 4 is the number of death and I can hear the dead. They talk to me every night when I'm in my true form. [Aka the picture above.]

I love my wings and tail. Some would say my wings belonged to a toxic fairy while my tail is the length of the alien's tail from Alien Isolation. If Lloyd's evil, then I'm the bogeyman. During lunch, Chen said my friends deserve a noose. I took him aside and told him what runs through my twisted mind. He cried in fear and now I crave more.

"If you crave fear, why not hunt for more fear?" asked a voice.

"Because, brother, it wouldn't help my friends out. It will just make things worse."

"But he deserves it, doesn't he? He did say your friends should die. He has no right to say that about you or them. He doesn't know shit, now does he?"

"No.... He doesn't...."

"Then let's go show him what evil really looks like."

I nodded in agreement as I got dressed to scare Chen.

*time skip*

There he layed. Sleeping like a lamb.

"Heh heh. Baa baa black sheep. Have you any wool?" I sang. He woke up and saw me sitting at the foot of his bed smiling while showing my teeth. I had a mask on so he didn't know it was me.

"Who... who are you?" he asked in fear. I giggled creepily.

"I'm the evil that everyone fears."

"G-Garmadon!?"

"No. I'm the one people don't know about yet. I'm the monster under children's beds. I'm the thing that goes bump in the night. I'm the who when you cry who's there."

"But who are you?!" I leaned in and whispered in his ear.

"Fear."

He started to silently cry, but he barely blinked. He didn't say a word after my tail brushed against his cheek. He didn't move after I giggled again. Only his eyes followed me as I made my way to his window. I turned back to him and said one more thing to him.

"No more talk about Lloyd and his friends committing suicide and you don't speak of this night or things will happen."

I left him crying as I closed his window. If he says anything about suicide, then I will return.

*3 weeks later*

Chen was quiet when I was around, but there was still something that pissed me off. Something that I don't know how to control yet. The Secret Ninja Force.

Apparently, one of them spotted me as I was hunting for fear one night and reported me to the others. Of course the Green Ninja had to warn everyone about me. Now people are locking their windows and doors at night making it harder to get in. All I do is frighten them. Why do people make it seem like I'm eating souls?

"Lysa!"

"Lloyd? What's wrong?"

"Did Fear get you?"