Chapter 3

Despite still worrying about what her husband had meant by his comment, she decided that it was best to continue daily life. She walked over to Wells, who she knew was just as concerned for everyone's wellbeing as she was. He was carrying some wood in the direction of the dropship to use as firewood.
"Find any water yet?" Sienna asked.
"No, not yet, but, I'm going back out if you want to come." Wells replied. Sienna smiled at him.
"Sure." She replied.
"I'll go and get something to carry what we find, you wait here." Wells said. Sienna nodded at this and Wells headed back to the dropship to find something to collect any water they found.

Once Wells got to the dropship, he walked over to where they kept the wood. As he was putting down the wood, he heard a voice pipe up.
"Find any water yet?" The voice asked.
"No. I'm going back out with Sienna in a few minutes." Wells replied. He looked to the side to see two boys, one of whom had written "First son. First to dye" in all capitals on the side of the dropship. He wasn't completely sure of their names, but he knew they were bad news.
"You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him." Murphy snarled, playing with his knife.
"You spelled "die" wrong, geniuses." Wells snapped as he walked past the two boys who were standing in front of him.
Bellamy walked up to the two boys as Wells walked back to Sienna.
"If you're gonna kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it." Bellamy told Murphy and Mbege as he walked up to them.
"You're not really a member of the guard, are you?" Murphy asked.
"No. The real guard will be here soon unless we stop it. You don't actually think they're gonna forgive your crimes. Even if they do, then what? Guys like us, we're gonna become model citizens now, get jobs, if we're lucky, maybe pick up their trash?" Bellamy asked.
"You got a point?" Mbege asked, both looking and sounding unimpressed.
"No. I got a question. They locked you up, dumped you down here like lab rats to die. So why are you helping them?" Bellamy asked.
"The hell we are." Mbege retorted, his tone had an edge of anger to it.
"You're wearing those bracelets, aren't you? Right now, those things are telling them whether or not it's safe to follow us down." Bellamy said.
"Okay. You said we could stop it. How?" Murphy asked, narrowing his eyes at Bellamy.
"Take them off." Bellamy said obviously. "The Ark will think you're dead, that it's not safe to follow. You follow?" Bellamy told them.
"Right, and if we do, I mean, what's in it for us?" Murphy asked.
"Someone has got to help me run things." Bellamy said.
"Don't you have your little lover for that?" Murphy snapped. Bellamy grabbed him by the collar and pinned him against the drop ship, his expression turning dark.
"Talk about my wife like that again and I will not hesitate to kill you." Bellamy snarled at him. Both Murphy and Mbege could tell that he was absolutely serious with his threat so both dropped the matter.

*Later that night*

That night, Sienna was sitting by the fire as people were getting their wristbands taken off. She had already taken hers off but she wasn't sure if she regretted it or not. She trusted her husband but one sentence that he had said earlier still played in her mind. "You'll see Angel, you'll see." Was this what he meant? Was his plan to get everyone to take his or her wristbands off or was this only part of it? She wasn't too sure, but she knew she would figure it out, or Bellamy would tell her. She was pulled out of her thoughts by Bellamy's voice.
"Who's next?" He called out.
"What the hell are you doing?" Wells asked, walking up to him. Bellamy answered Wells' question with a question of his own.
"We're liberating ourselves. What does it look like?" Bellamy replied, his tone sounding quite cocky at this stage, something that Sienna was not too fond of.
"It looks like you're trying to get us all killed. The communication system is dead. These wristbands are all we got. Take them off, and the Ark will think we're dying, that it's not safe for them to follow." Wells said to everyone, but Sienna could tell that his statement was mainly directed towards Bellamy.
"That's the point, Chancellor. We can take care of ourselves, can't we?" Bellamy said, all but shouting the last two words. Sienna had had her wristband taken off, but she wasn't completely comfortable with it. A few of the delinquents yelled in agreement.
"You think this is a game? Those aren't just our friends and our parents up there. They're our farmers, our doctors, our engineers." He said to Bellamy. He then turned to everyone else. "I don't care what he tells you. We won't survive here on our own, and besides, if it really is safe, how could you not want the rest of our people to come down?" Wells asked.
"My people already are down." Bellamy retorted. He then pointed towards the sky. "Those people locked my people up. Those people killed my mother for the crime of having a second child. Those people locked my wife up just for knowing about my sister. Those people locked up my sister for being born. Your father did that." Bellamy said.
"My father didn't write the laws." Wells defended.
"No. He enforced them, but not anymore, not here. Here, there are no laws." Bellamy said. Many of the delinquents called out in agreement. "Here, we do whatever the hell we want whenever the hell we want. Now, you don't have to like it, Wells. You can even try to stop it or change it, kill me. You know why? Whatever the hell we want." Bellamy said.
"Whatever the hell we want!" Murphy began chanting, prompting everyone else to do the same.
Everyone then began chanting "Whatever the hell we want!" as Wells and Bellamy looked around at them. Sienna, on the other hand, rolled her eyes at how childish everyone was being. She knew that no one was going to listen to her if she tried to stop this, so she turned around and headed back to the drop ship, not caring who followed her.

*Later - after the rain stopped*

Once the rain had stopped and the fire had been re-lit, Sienna had moved to sitting on a log, overlooking the camp. She was looking up at the stars when a girl with dark brown hair came up to her and sat down next to her. Sienna looked at the girl and felt like she recognized her, but she couldn't quite place where from or what her name was.
"What's wrong?" The girl asked.
"Nothing's wrong." Sienna replied probably a little too quickly. The girl raised an eyebrow.
"The look on your face and the fact that you're just sitting here looking at everything rather than getting involved suggests otherwise." The girl replied. Clearly she was very observant.
"What's your name?" Sienna asked.
"I'm Fox." The girl replied.
"Nice to meet you Fox." Sienna said with a smile. That smile, however, soon faded. "It's just, if we don't have some sort of structure, we're not going to survive down here. Even if the radiation doesn't kill us, starvation, dehydration, and the elements would." She added. Fox frowned, drinking in the information that she had just received.
"You have a point there." Fox replied. "Couldn't you talk to Bellamy about it?" She suggested. "I mean, you're his wife, he'll listen to you." She added. Sienna sighed at this comment.
"I'm not so sure to be honest with you." Sienna replied truthfully, a frown now gracing her face.