Chapter 17

Along with a few other the of the delinquents, Sienna was watching the Unity Day speech. She didn't know what Bellamy was doing, but she knew he would be around somewhere.
"...My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground." Jaha said, a grin on his face.
"Right. After we did all the work." Miller said, his tone cynical.
"Someone shut him up." Someone said.
"You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch." Raven retorted.
"For ninety-seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth." Jaha continued.
Jasper's loud voice tore everyone's attention away from Jaha's speech as he came out of Monty's still with a huge container of moonshine in his arms and a smile on his face.
"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again!" He called. "Hey! Call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty?" He asked. With that, he then went around pouring people drinks.
"Hey. Save me some." Monty called to Jasper.
"Happy Unity Day. Pass it around." Jasper exclaimed happily, a huge smile on his face.
Sienna turned back to the TV to see that Jaha was finishing up his speech.
"...To our sons and daughters on Earth listening to this message, we will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch in under sixty hours, carrying you the reinforcements that you need, so stay strong. Help is on the way." He finished. Sienna sighed at this.
Once Jaha had finished his speech, the Unity Day pageant began. However, soon after it began, the comms suddenly dropped out and everything became dark. What happened? Sienna thought. Everyone was talking and wondering the exact same thing. Raven immediately began to have a look at what it could possibly be, but she could find nothing wrong at their end. Something must have happened to make the comms go out like they did.

*Half an hour later*

"Hey. The comms are still dead. They cut out during the pageant." Clarke said, walking up to Bellamy and Sienna.
"Best Unity Day ever." Bellamy said sardonically.
"Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party? I mean, the Grounder is out there." Clarke asked.
"Grounders." Bellamy corrected her. "By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob. Relax. I got security covered. Why don't you go get a drink? You look like you could use one." Bellamy told her. Clarke scoffed.
"I could use more than one." Clarke said.
"Then have more than one." Bellamy replied simply. "Clarke, the Exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun while you still can. You deserve it.
Clarke: Yeah. Okay. So do you by the way." Clarke said to him.
Bellamy: I'll have my fun when the Grounders come." Bellamy said. Sienna looked at him and raised her eyebrows.
"Bellamy." She said in a mildly warning tone.
"What?" He asked, looking at his wife. She rolled her eyes and looked back at Clarke who was desperately trying to contain her laughter.
"Come on, let's go." Sienna said to Clarke, taking her hand and leading her over to one of the tables.

Sienna led Clarke up to one of the tables where others were flipping metal parts. The other delinquents looked at them and Sienna could tell by the looks on their faces that they were a very surprised that the two had come to join them.
"You're not gonna get this one." Clarke said.
"Yes I am." Fox replied, a smile on her face.
"No. It's not happening." Clarke replied, a playful smile on her face. Fox threw the piece of metal towards the cup and cheered when it went in. Clarke then took the cup and drank the liquid, sliding the metal piece between her lips before reaching up to take it out of her mouth.
"What do you know? Her highness can actually party. I like it." One of the boys complimented her, a smile on his face.
"So, what are you gonna do when the guard come down and commandeer Monty's still?" Clarke asked, a playful smirk on her face.
"Build another." He said simply. Sienna laughed and Clarke grinned at this. Clarke then picked the metal piece up and showed it to the other delinquents at the table.
"All right. You ready?" Clarke asked. She then attempted to balance the piece of metal on her nose. "Oh. No. Wait. I have done this before, I promise." She said, looking at the piece of metal as she balanced it on her nose. She then flicked her head forwards and the metal piece fell, however, it missed both the cup and the table as Finn caught it before it landed on either. Clarke looked at Finn with a look of concern. "What is it?" She asked.
"Let's take a walk." Finn said to her, flicking the metal piece on the table which made it bounce and land in one of the cups. Clarke looked at him strangely before following him away from the table.
Sienna frowned as she walked Finn and Clarke walk away, but soon enough her attention was directed back to the game when one of the delinquents tapped her on the shoulder, insisting it was her turn.