Chapter 16

*Earlier – Bellamy and Clarke walking to the supplies depot*

Bellamy and Clarke were walking through the
"You know, the first dropship is gonna come down soon. Pretty sure you can't avoid Jaha forever." Clarke said, not looking at Bellamy.
"I can try." Bellamy replied.
"The depot is supposed to be around here somewhere. There's got to be a door." She said, almost to herself. Her voice then got louder as she began speaking to him again. "Maybe he'll be lenient." She suggested.
"Look. I shot the man, Clarke. He's not just gonna forgive and forget." Bellamy said.
"Let's just split up, cover more ground. Stay within shouting distance." Clarke suggested. Bellamy nodded and they went their separate ways.

*A while later*

"Bellamy. Over here. I found a door." Clarke called, gaining Bellamy's attention. She attempted to pull the door open but to no avail. Bellamy came over to her. "Uh! I think it's rusted shut." She said as she pulled at it.
"Here. Watch your foot." Bellamy said before smashing the lock and banging on the doors with the axe had found in an attempt to open the doors. "Give me a hand?" He requested.
"Oh! Here." Clarke replied, going over to help him open the door. A few moments later, the door creaked open loudly.
"Really think this place hasn't been touched since the war?" Bellamy asked as they walked down the stairs into the cellar.
Clarke: A girl can dream. Come on." She beckoned him. As they were walking down the stairs, a skeleton with ragged clothing on it caught their attention.
"Hell of a place to die." Bellamy commented.
"So much for living down here. This place is disgusting." Clarke said, looking around.
"Damn it. Anything left down here is ruined." Bellamy said, picking up the remains of some food and cans.
"They must have distributed most of the supplies before the last bombs went off. Hey, I found blankets." Clarke said, her tone happy.
Bellamy: Excited about a couple of blankets?" Bellamy asked her.
"Well, it's something." Clarke replied.
"How about a canteen or a med kit or a decent fricking tent?" He said aggressively, frustration clear in his tone. Clarke honestly couldn't disagree with him there. All three of those things they needed, but there must be something useful aside from the blankets here...right?

A few moments later, Bellamy opened one of the barrels he had just seen and looked inside. It was filled almost to the brim with a dark liquid. He pit the tip of his fingers in it and pulled them out again, looking to see that it was only oil. In frustration, he kicked the barrel over, spilling the contents everywhere. He knelt down at a stash of guns, hopefully working ones, that had spilt out of the barrel.
"Oh my god." Bellamy whispered to himself.
"What?" Clarke asked, walking over to him. He picked one up and looked back at Clarke, a smile on his face before looking back at it.

*Later – after all the hallucinations*

Both Clarke and Bellamy were panting from their fight with Dax, who was now lying dead on the forest floor.
"You're ok." Clarke consoled Bellamy, sitting down next to him.
"No, I'm not. My mother... if she knew what I've done, who I am... she raised me to be better, to be good..." Bellamy said, not really paying attention to her, more speaking aloud what he was thinking.
"Bellamy..." Clarke began, but Bellamy wasn't finished.
"And all I do is hurt people. I'm a monster." He added.
"Hey... You have saved my life today. You may be a total ass half the time, but I need you. We all need you. None of us would've survived this place if it wasn't for you. You want forgiveness, fine, I'll give it to you. You're forgiven, ok, but you can't run, Bellamy. You have to come back with me. You have to face it." Clarke said. He looked at her.
"Like you faced your mum?" He asked. Clarke was slightly taken aback by this but she recovered quickly.
"You're right. I don't want to face my mum. I don't want to face any of it. All I think about every day is how we're gonna keep everyone alive, but we don't have a choice." Clarke said. Bellamy sniffled slightly.
"Jaha will kill me when he comes down." Bellamy said miserably.
"We'll figure something out." Clarke replied. She hoped that what she was saying was true, but she wasn't entirely sure herself how they would.
"Can we figure it out later?" Bellamy asked, his voice soft.
"Whenever you're ready." Clarke said kindly before they both sat back against the tree behind them.

*Later – after Bellamy has been pardoned*

Sienna was waiting in Bellamy and her tent for said person to return after his talk with Jaha. She hoped that he would be pardoned for his crimes, and that the real criminal in this situation would be caught. She knew her husband, and she knew that deep down he regretted his actions. She was broken out of her thoughts when the tent's flap was pulled open to reveal the person she had been wanting to see.
"So?" She asked, wanting to know the outcome. A huge smile appeared on Bellamy's face.
"I've been pardoned for my crime." Bellamy said, repeating what Jaha had told him. Sienna squealed in excitement before jumping up and running over to him, embracing him in a tight hug.