Chapter 18

Bellamy, Sienna, and a few others were having fun when Clarke suddenly came up to Bellamy.
"Hey. I need to talk to you." She said seriously, pulling him off to the side.
"Having fun yet, princess?" He asked.
"I'm serious." She said in a serious tone.
"You always are, so talk." Bellamy said.
"Finn's set up a meeting with the Grounders. I'm leaving to go talk to them." Clarke told him.
"Because you think that impaling people on spears is code for "let's be friends"? Have you lost your damn mind?" Bellamy asked in shock.
"I think it might be worth a shot. I mean, we do have to live with these people." Clarke reasoned.
"They'll probably gut you, string you up as a warning." Bellamy warned.
"Well, that's why I'm here. I need you to follow us, be our backup." Clarke said.
"Does Finn know about this?" Bellamy asked.
"Finn doesn't need to know, and, Bellamy, bring guns." Clarke said seriously.
"Everything ok over here?" Sienna asked, walking up to her husband as Clarke walked away. "What was that all about?" She asked.
"We're going out for a little while ok? Everything's gonna be ok, I just need you to stay here." Bellamy said.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"Backup for Clarke for a meeting Finn has set up with the Grounders." He explained.
"I want to come." Sienna said.
"Please stay here." Bellamy replied. Sienna sighed. More than anything, she wanted to join her husband and sister-in-law on this meeting to keep them safe, but she knew she would likely get in the way if they had too many people. She nodded at his request. "Thank you." He thanked her before giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

*Later*

Clarke, Finn, Octavia, Bellamy, Jasper and Raven were sprinting back to camp when they all suddenly slowed to a stop.
"You got anything to say?" Clarke demanded, looking at Finn.
"Yeah. I told you no guns!" Finn replied, annoyed at what had just happened.
"I told you we couldn't trust the Grounders. I was right." Clarke retorted.
"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven asked Finn.
"I tried, but you were too busy making bullets for your gun." Finn replied.
"You're lucky she brought that! They came there to kill you, Finn."
"You don't know that! Jasper fired the first shot!" Finn retorted.
"You ruined everything." Octavia said to Jasper before walking away.
"I saved you! You're welcome." Jasper called after her.
"Well, if we weren't at war already, we sure as hell are now." He said to Clarke. "You didn't have to trust the Grounders. You just had to trust me." He added before walking away.
"Like I said, best Unity Day ever." Bellamy said to Clarke. Suddenly, there was an explosion which seemed to echo from above. All of them looked to the sky to see the Exodus ship falling to Earth. By the way it looked, it seemed to be entering Earth's atmosphere. This confused them slightly as it wasn't supposed to be due for another few days. "The Exodus ship? Your mom's early." Bellamy commented.
"Wait. Too fast. No parachute? Something's wrong." Clarke said, still gazing at it. Before their eyes, the Exodus ship impacted heavily with the ground, creating a huge mushroom cloud. Clarke sunk to her knees at this. They all knew that no one could have survived that crash. Not only that, but Clarke's mother had been on that ship. The rest of the group looked at her sadly as she was on her knees crying for a mother that was now gone.