Chapter 4

*The Next Morning*

Bellamy's eyes fluttered open. He was currently lying on a makeshift bed. He looked beside him and smiled at what he saw. His wife was sleeping peacefully next to him. This was the first time in a year that he had slept next to her and he had missed waking up beside her more than anything. He heard a commotion outside so he decided to go and investigate, even though he was less than pleased with having to leave his cocoon of warmth. He got up, put some pants on, and made his way towards the door. Outside, he saw Atom and Wells arguing over some clothes that Wells had retrieved.
"You still don't get it, do you, Chancellor?" Bellamy asked. Sienna suddenly came up behind him, kissing him on the lips before stepping back as Bellamy looked at Wells again. "This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply." Bellamy said in a challenging tone. He then took a shirt from the pile that Wells had. Wells tried to grab it and Atom attempted to stop him. "Oh, no, no, Atom. Atom, hold up." Bellamy held him back. "You want it back? Take it." Bellamy challenged, holding the shirt out to Wells. Wells stood silently for a moment before throwing the clothes away only for other Delinquents to descend on them like vultures.
"Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells demanded at the Delinquents' reaction.
"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy inquired. Suddenly there was a scream. This grabbed the attention of everyone who heard it. They all rushed over to see Murphy holding a girl over the fire.
"Bellamy. Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first." He growled.
"Let her go!" Sienna exclaimed, running over to the two of them, pushing Murphy to the ground. She then looked at her husband once she had rescued the girl. "You can stop this." Sienna demanded.
"Stop this? I'm just getting started." Bellamy replied. With that, Murphy punched Wells in the face hard enough to drive him to the ground. This sparked a fight between the two boys. It started off as Murphy having the upper hand, but that soon changed. Once he was confident that he had taken down Murphy, Wells then stood up and glared at Bellamy.
"Don't you see you can't control this?" Wells fired at Bellamy, more of a statement than a question. Before Bellamy had a chance to reply, Murphy had grabbed a knife and was on his feet, blood trickling from his mouth.
"You're dead." Murphy threatened.
"Wait." Bellamy said, walking over and getting between the two, raising his hand to stop Murphy. He then looked between the two and held up a knife. "Fair fight." He added, throwing the knife lazily at Wells' feet. If Sienna wasn't already shocked at her husband's behaviour, she definitely was now.
"Fair fight?! Are you kidding?!" Sienna asked, looking at Bellamy incredulously, but he didn't even spare her a glance. Wells then picked up the knife, not taking his eyes off Murphy who was grinning sadistically. The two boys then started fighting, but it wasn't long until Murphy sliced Wells' arm.
"This is for my father!" Murphy growled. After several moments of fighting, Wells had Murphy in a headlock with a knife to his neck.
"Drop it!" Wells snarled loudly, his tone severe. However, before Sienna could do anything, another voice called out.
"Wells! Let him go!" Clarke called as she and Finn emerged from the forest and walked down the hill towards everyone. Everyone turned towards them and Wells threw Murphy to the ground. Murphy then got up off the ground and launched himself at Wells. At lightning speed, and to the surprise of everyone, Sienna put herself in front of Wells and pushed Murphy back.
"Enough, Murphy!" Sienna exclaimed, her voice and her face serious. Everyone then looked at her with a shocked expression, not expecting the outburst she had just had.
"Octavia. Are you all right?" Bellamy asked, rushing over to his sister as Sienna continued to glare at Murphy. He had been standing next to Sienna until he saw Monty helping his sister.
"Yeah." Octavia replied as Monty helped her sit down. Clearly, her leg was not ok but she wasn't about to tell her brother that and have him worry about her even more than he already did.
"Where's the food?" Bellamy asked, not noticing Sienna walk over to them after dealing with Murphy.
"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Octavia replied honestly. This honestly didn't surprise Sienna due to the length of time they had been gone.
"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy all but demanded.
"We were attacked." Clarke replied seriously.
"Attacked? By what?" Bellamy asked, confusion lacing his features momentarily.
"Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last Grounder." Finn explained. Everyone looked at him in shock.
"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke said.
"Yeah, the bad news is the Grounders will." Finn added.
"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Bellamy asked.
"Jasper was hit. They took him." Clarke replied. She then turned to Wells, grabbing his arm. "Where is your wristband?" She asked.
"Ask him." Wells said, tilting his head towards Bellamy. Clarke turned to face Bellamy.
"How many?" She snarled.
"Twenty-four and counting." Murphy said, a smirk on his face.
"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" Clarke exclaimed.
"We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals! You're fighters. Survivors! The Grounders should worry about us!" Bellamy said. His speech seemed to resonate with many of the delinquents because many of them cried out in agreement. Finn, on the other hand, turned to Clarke.
"What do we do now?" Finn asked.
"Now we go after Jasper." Clarke said seriously.