Suicide Squad

LILY'S POV:

"LILY! DEVAN! Get over here right now!!!" I heard Collins yell.

I got up and ran. I heard Devan behind me, but I kept running. Devan caught up and grabbed my hand as we're both running to Collins. 

"What?!" I frantically yelled.

I gasped in the sight of her. No. It couldn't be. I couldn't see a thing because tears filled my eyes, as I fell to the ground in pain. I felt Devan's warm body take over mine. But I stood up, as he helped me. I wiped my tears and focused them on the blurry object Collins was grasping onto. 

"Abigail!" I bawled. "Why, what are you doing up here?!"

"Nothing." She said ashamed.

"No. She was going to jump. I saw it. I was walking and I heard someone saying 'I'm so sorry Lily, but I can't do this anymore...' and I ran to grab her. I knew the voice sounded familiar..." Collins explained.

"YOU LIAR! YOU FREAKING LIED TO ME, ABBY! HOW COULD YOU?! AND TO COMMIT SUICIDE?! Why would you? How could you? I lost Evan, I CANNOT LOSE YOU TOO! I HATE YOU FOR THIS! BUT I STILL LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH! WHY?! WHY? Why..." I started calming down, as Devan grasped my hand and hugged me. I cried into his shoulder, and hugged him with all I could.

"I'm sorry, Lily.. it's just that I-"

"I don't give a crap, Abigail! You don't do that to someone you love! Especially when they've already lost so much! I loved you... Paige loved you. God loved you. Why?"

"Would you let me explain?!" Abigail hollered. She started crying and I ran to her and hugged her. I let go immediately, started deeply into her beautiful brown eyes, and closed mine, and turned to Collins. Sobbing, I gave him a hug. 

"Lily... It's best you go home. I'll take Abby to the hospital for meds." Collins suggested.

"K." I thanked Collins and turned to Devan, I looked at him, he took my hand and we walked to my car. 

...

It's 10:30pm and Devan went to the grocery store for icecream. I looked at the pictures of me and Abby on my wall, and got out of bed. I went to my closet. I pulled out the untouched box. The box I closed and promised my mother I would never open it again. I opened it. There, it lay, a clean blade. I took it in my hands, and gripped it tight. I walked into my bedroom staring in the mirror and all my thoughts took over me... I put the blade to my forearm, pressed down, as blood seeped out of my arm. I dragged the blade across my forearm. I repeated it several times. Because I was caught up in my thoughts, and my crying. I didn't notice Devan had gotten home. He ran upstairs all excited to eat the icecream, but stopped. He ran over to me, knocked the knife out of my hand, cutting his right wrist. He threw his arms around my waist, and slowly fell to the ground. 

I started bawling. 

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. Devan..." I sobbed and tried to spit my sentence out.

"No, no, no! Lily! You can't do this to me! I love you! Ok, I love you!!" He screamed. He looked up at me and stared into my eyes. Grabbing my hands, I tried to pull them away, but he had them.

"Let me see, Lily."

"No, it'll hurt you more than it did me..."

"I don't care, I love you and I can't live with this. You mean so much to me. Lily, please don't go..."

He started to look at my arms crying harder and harder as he saw them. All of the sudden I hear singing...

"Now, please don't go. Most nights I hardly sleep when I'm alone, so please don't go, I think of you when I'm alone..."

It was Devan. That's the song I sang in the cemetery about Evan, he knew it. And he didn't want me to go, so he's singing it. I fell to my knees and covered my face with my hands.

"Please, please forgive me... I can't be alone. Every time I am, this happens... I need someone here. I need you, Devan." I sobbed and cried.

"I know. That's why I'm not letting you go. And you will always be with me or Collins, or Paige, or my mom. Or someone to be with you. I promise with my life, I will never leave you. I love you so much, Lily... so please don't leave me.." I looked up at Devan to see him praying. I slip under his arms, and whisper "I love you" until he's done.