Defense

**RECAP*********************************************************************

It ended, and he called me. I got out of bed, and answered it once I got downstairs.

"What do you want? What did I do to you?" I asked sternly.
"You're such a fake." He said.
"Really? How?" I snapped.
"Again, CVS? The throwing up? Your tiny, bony, limp arms? We can see your ribs, Lily." He said with an evil snark and chuckle.
"You're gonna pay.." he said.
"For what?"
"Everything." He said. I rolled my eyes, and heard him smile through the phone. I could just feel him, there, purposely doing this.
"No comment?" He begged.
"No." I replied firmly.
"Is it because Daddy can't protect you anymore??" He snarked.
"H-how did you know about that?" I asked quivering.
"I have my ways.." he said, letting out a chuckle.
I held the phone away from my mouth and sobbed. I missed the old Cole. I missed my Dad.
"Who's a baby? You are! Who's the scrawny, fake, lying, gold digging b****?! YOU ARE!" He screamed through the phone. My hands were shaking, and I accidentally hit the speaker button. That whole sentence was echoed through the house... and I sat there sobbing, helpless..

That's what happened in the last chapter! Some of this chapter will be a prelude of the last chapter! Enjoy!!

P.S. This chapter will be much much MUCH shorter than the last, :D

***************************************************************************************

DEVAN'S POV:

I woke up to hear screams from downstairs. I immediately looked over, to see Lily gone. I ran downstairs in a panic.

"Lily?!" I started, rushing down the stairs. "Baby, are you ok?" I asked.

She was sobbing, on the floor. She had her phone out, and holding it far away.

"Why, look who came to save you, Lily?" The phone said.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Lily screamed at the phone.

"Lily, who's that?" I whispered.

"Hello, Devan..." The voice said.

"Who is this?" I asked firmly. There was no answer. I squatted down by Lily, holding her.

"It's Cole," Lily whispered.

"Yes it is," Cole chuckled into the phone.

"What did he say?" I quietly asked, kissing her temple.

"I told her that she was a gold digging bi***, and that you don't love her." Cole said strongly.

"Yes I do. I love her. She is my world." I yelled.

"Sure.. I gotta jet. Talk to you later, tw@t."Cole said hanging up.

"Baby. None of those things are true! He's not worth your attention anymore! He was never your brother!" I said, looking into her eyes. My eyes welled up with tears, as we both started to cry.

"I can't do this anymore, Dev!" Lily screamed, into my chest.

"No, Lily. You can. You can't do this alone, but I'll be here. Collins will be here. Abby will be here. Paige will be here. God will be there." I said, rubbing her back, and stroking her hair; hugging her, kissing her forehead.

She didn't say anything, only sobbed into my chest. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, after laying her down on the couch. I called Collins. It went straight to voicemail. 'Crap,' I thought. 'Oh, duh! It's like 3:30...' I mumbled to myself.

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. I answered it, ignoring the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dev. What'd you call me for?" Collins asked.

"Oh, just.." I started. I continued to explain what happened with Cole, and Collins said he'd wake Abby.

"Be there in 20." Collins said hanging up.

I sat on the couch with Lily, as she lay asleep, peacefully on my lap.

The door flew open, I expected Collins. It wasn't...