The War

Long, long ago, two races ruled over the Earth in peace and harmony.
The race of HUMANS
And the race of MONSTERS.

The kingdom of HUMANS was governed by KING CARLOS SPADIX, whilst the kingdom of MONSTERS was governed by KING RELGORE DREEMURR.

These two fearsome rulers were powerful allies for hundreds of years. However, over time, their opinions became divided.

RELGORE thought that MONSTERS should live alongside HUMANS, inside the city. However, CARLOS disagreed, claiming that MONSTERS living apart from HUMANS was for the best.

And so, the two friends went their seperate ways. They were still friends - just they wanted some time apart.

During this time, RELGORE was overjoyed with the arrival of his only son, who was the spitting image of his father. The child was called ASGORE.

After a short while, the previous tension between the two races had calmed. RELGORE was so overjoyed, he dubbed his best friend CARLOS as ASGORE's godfather.

But then, one day...

The apprentice to Royal Scientist ROIARU, W̶̢͇͖̜̗̻̻̯͈͚̹̬͍̰͇É̴̢͏͕͚̮͈̳̟͇͇̯͍̪̯͓͈B̡̨̛͉͇͈̬͕̲̦̳̀͜D̸̨̦̙̠̝͙̺͢͞ͅI̶̷̷̠̱̟̺̜͕̰̮̗̩̤N̘̹͔̜̮̫͔͇͇̼̤̙̭͉̯̱̻̕͡G̸̢̟̙̱̼͘͝Ş̸͖̥̮͈̜̘͟͟͡, ran to the MONSTER palace one day in need of assistance.

A monster had been consumed by a substance they were culturing in the lab. This substance they had discovered, although they did not know it yet, was called HATE. The power to mask emotions, and to feel no remorse or guilt.

An ultimate weapon that could destroy them all, if in the wrong hands.

This monster, blinded by HATE, claimed that HUMANITY needed erasing, so MONSTERS could truly live in piece.

They snuck poison into the HUMAN castle guards' drinks, and slit their throats whilst they slept. Then, he found the KING's sister FLORA sitting in the living room with her two children - LUKAS and EMILY.

This ruthless monster tore the baby LUKAS away from his mother's arms, and EMILY watched on in horror as her own mother was slaughtered in front of her. The monster absorbed FLORA's soul, becoming a beast of unfathomable power.

CARLOS was alerted as he walked the corridors, hearing LUKAS and EMILY's cries. The monster turned around to face the KING, twitching from the HATE corrupting it. Pushing it to the side, CARLOS found his sister dead, her eldest child EMILY crying over her corpse.

After a harsh and long battle, CARLOS was barely victorious against the HATE-consumed monster.

Full of fury, grief, and FEAR, the KING declared war on monsterkind the very next day.

Nobody saw it coming. In the end, it could hardly be called a war. The MONSTERS were too weak, and the HUMANS, too strong. RELGORE ordered his troops to help everybody evacuate to MT. EBOTT. He faced CARLOS head-on in a fierce duel to buy time for his people.

After RELGORE was given news of the successful evacuation, he looked over at his friend with sadness in his eyes.

Even after all that had happened, RELGORE refused to fight back against CARLOS - eventually ending in the MONSTER King's demise.

CARLOS had been swallowed up by the same substance that had killed his sister.

Hurt, beaten, and fearful for their lives, PRINCE ASGORE and his girlfriend, TORIEL, escorted the remaining monsters into the caverns of MT. EBOTT. The Head of the Royal Guard, GERSON, ran in a few seconds later, seemingly escorting someone. He confirmed RELGORE's death, passing his only remains - his crown - to his son.

Soon enough, 6 human wizards appeared at the entrance to the cavern. CARLOS stood at the front, a staff in hand.

With that, the 7 human wizards... CARLOS,
ICHOR,
FLOYD,
ALICE,
SYDNEY,
WINTER,
and DONOVAN,

Spared the MONSTERS that day, Creating a barrier that only a human soul could pass. They were locked away for 2000 years...

------------------

Until a certain human in a purple hoodie came along.
But this is not Tyler's story.

Instead, I think we'd better go back a bit further than this, sister.

Take my hand. There's no need to be afraid.

D̸̴̼̤͔̟͝ò̸̦̞̫̬͟͝ ̶̨̡͚̲͉̗͖̱͍̝͕͚̟̞̀͡y̧͘͏̵̵͉̲͉̦̙̗̠͇̼͓͈͈̥̗ǫ̼̤̪̖̯͓̬̲͇̻̮͙͈̙̩̠͜ͅu҉̟̟̠̖̱̲̮͉͕͎̜͖̟̞̗ͅ ͏̯̤̻̩̜̼̟̝̭̜͍̕r̷̨͕͙̦̭̻͚̭̯̮e͡͠҉͍̯̣͙̺̣̼͎̕͡ḿ̖͕̼̖̠͔̗̝̞͔̘͙̫̭͕̫͖͝e̷͓̥͙̱̬̤̲̜̭̗̲̰̮͖͍̩̝͝m҉̞͈̘̼̺̻̰̞̯͘͢͝b̘̺̲̱̳̫̘̞̝͉͔͔̟̤̭̝͇̝͖́e͈̲̲̫͕͇̮͜r̬̻̻̹̜̭̪͉̹̕͟͞ ̷̴̡̧̨̠̳͉̙͕̼m̕͏̷̠̤͖̥̱̜̫̟͕̦̤͉̝͖̹̤̯͠ͅe̵̸̜̫̟͚̳̣̜͓̤̲͖͕̟͕͉̹̪͢͞,̶̵̤͎͙̖ ̵̢̨̡̮͓̩̱̻̺̼͟E̛͟͏̟͕͔͈̜̘̣͔̞̱͖̬͇̜̥̖͖͡m̷͜͝҉̦̟͇͈̦̩̫͕̰̥̙͡i͕̦̼̟̬̩͓̙̱͙͙̜̬̩̬̪̦͍̠͘͠l̨̨̝̻̬̰̩̪̰̝̜̰͈̯͖͜͢͡y҉̷͓̥̭̪͓̙̪̗̬̟͈?̷̫̞̟̩̩̖̣̭̼̣̯̦
͙̹͚̟̺̹͘͜͜͞ͅI͠͏̙̝͕̹͕̝͈̜t̷̢̨͓̩̤̩̝̮̠͖̭̳̮͎̦̭̝̘̣̠ͅ'͏̴̨͕̖͕̹͇̬̞̖s̴̡̙̰͉̗̭͇͟͡͠ ̸̫̝̻̞͎͎̥̥̺̭̮̜̰́͠m̷͢҉͙̟̝̻͈̻̼ę͍̯̳̟̣̠̦̭͉͔̪͘͢,̸̡̲͖͕͉͕͎̥̠̹̻͈̣͎̭̮͓͎̹́̀͘ͅ ̵̨̛̛̟̠͚̗̹̪̝͈̣̫͓̹͕̠̥͈͔͇͍́ỳ̴̸̥͓̪̯̪̻̦̣͜͠ơ҉̷͉̖͕̺̹̮͠͝u͢͏̢̱̻̦̬̙̘̭̳̼̬̬̪͖͔͙̲͠ͅͅr̵̛̦͇͔̝̪͚̠̮̞͖̫̤̪͈͓͈ ̹̠̰̩̫̩̹̟̀͢͟ͅb̷́͘͏̹͙̲̻̳̼̱͉r̶̷̨̻̝̦͇̲̠̀͡o͟͜҉̲̠̘̳͖͖̖̠̼̩͎̯͎̝̱t̀͝҉҉͙̦͖͎̲̺̘̯̜̞̜h̸̩̳̥̜̫̹̯̪̜̰͚̝͓̬̤̪͔̀̕͞e̺̗͍̝̲̳̫̭̠͢r͔͔̙̥͎͢͢,͔̪̗̟̘̖́͘͡͝͡ ̛̥̺̗̜Ļ̸̯̫̗͇͖͙̖̹̻̹͘͜u͏͎̭̣̥̦̰͔̝̝͙̟̭͕ͅk̴̡̡̹̯̦͉̱̤̹̻͈͖͕͞ͅͅa̸̻̬̦͕̘̤̳̘̖̞̦̜̰̫̠̪͡͞s̻̘̥̦̜̳̗̯̥̀͝͞ͅ!͏̷̶̦͕̹̝̤͙̗̳͇͙̼͟
̨̹̘̪̹̦̻͕̳̰͔́͢Y̧͙̻̰̘̩͓̭̙͔̯̱̣͉̕ớ̧̲̦̳̲̝͕̟͍̪̦͕̮̦̭̟͜u̸̧̧͠͏̰̝̭̜ ̩͉̲͎̜̺́͠h̷̗̼̺̰̙͉̹̲͉̠̖͚̞̞̥̩́a̢̭̼̱̘͇̱͖̦̥͇̺ṿ͓͍̹͘͠e̸̢̕͞͏̬̼̱̱̥̺ ̨̲͔̝̲͔̝̲͚̀t̴̨̮̲̥̗̦͕̞͡͞ǫ̷̛̤̹̹̠͉͢͠ ̶͎̯̬̭͍̬̣͉̤͚̯̕ŕ̷̸͚̼͕̪̙̯̳͔̺̞̲̳̜̕ͅe͏̙̜̬̳̭̲̝̦̖̮̣̹̙̱͎̙̀m̶̸̗̘̖̩͉̠̬̤̘͓̦͖̩̭̘̕͝ͅę̫͚̦̦͢m̸̴̡͚̫̱̜̫̦̳̝̱̰̯̱͙͕͇̞͔͉͠ḇ̟͙͕̹̫̩̫͉̻̬̦͇̞͇͉̙̻́͢͝e̷͙̖̣̮̮̰͙͡ŕ̨̛̹̠̜͖̕.̵̶̴̩̥̩̠̜̝͈̯͇̰͉̹͇͕̝̀.̢̧̦͔͔̫͖̜̯̪̳̥̳̠͈͙͓͙͕.̶̧̥̘͚͔̙̹̠̳̯̼̙̙͇͕̀ͅ.̵̵̙̝̩̹̕ͅp͕͚̻̦̦͜ļ̖̜̞̣̝̖͖͉͇̻͜e̴̳̖̼̘̩̪̩͝͡a̸͙͉̰̙̪͚̲͖̥̩͉̣̯̥͜s̨͢͏̪͍͉͓̗͖̣̻͓͖̱̳̺̭̮̩e̢̞̤͉̞̘̠̗͕̻̖̝̳͞.̡̝̹̥͎̹̥̮̯̗͓͡͝.̨̢̻̥̮̟͍̺̝̦̖̲͜͞͞ͅ.̪͓̺̳̮̫̺͍̙̞͓͉͔̭̲̠̟͉̤̕͢͢͠

!