•confusion is cleared•

If yall don't increase them votes and comments I'm hunting down everybody who reading

janet-lee pov

I was confused.More than ever.I didnt understand what was going on with Renton.I didnt understand what was going on with me.

I want to know but Rent wont give me answers and its driving me crazy.

I chased after Renton on his way to the library.

"I need to talk to you."He slowed down.

"Look,Jan,I cant be around you right now.Leave me alone."He pointed his crutch at me so I wouldn't come any closer.

"What did I do?"I questioned,moving closer anyway.

"All you want to do is fuck me and I-I have to do what you say."He whispered.

My eyebrows were furrowed."What actually are you talking about?Renton,are you okay? Do you need to see someone?"

"You think Im crazy?Im not crazy.Just because I fell off a roof and people assume doesnt mean anything.Just go."

I need him to listen to me.I need him to explain.

Something is wrong.I need a million dollars.

***
I rushed to find Ryder.

"Whats wrong with Renton?"

Ryder shook his head."Not my secret to tell.Sorry."

He quickly walked off.

"Ryder!"I called after him but he didnt turn around.

I need to get answers.Fast.

I was on my way to the exit when Renton pulled me into the boys bathroom.

"I cant be in here.Im gonna get in trouble."I tried to leave but he held me tightly.

I gulped.

"Im sorry.Im so sorry."

"For what?"He was so close.A little too close.

"I thought you were someone else.You looked like someone else for a second."He shook his head,looking at the ground.

"Who did I look like?Who hurt you,Rent?"I asked,holding his hand.

"I cant tell you.Not yet."

"Ryder knows."

"He's my bestfriend."

"Wow.I see."I nodded in disbelief.

"Dont be like that.Youre right.Someone hurt me and you reminded me of that person.It isnt your fault though.I'll be fine,really.You dont need to know."

"I dont need to know!?! Renton,friends tell each other things.Do you think Im gonna hurt you?"I asked.

"No,of-of course n-n-not."He stuttered.

"Oh my gosh.I do.Okay.Okay."I slowly backed up towards the door.

"Wait,please Jan.I promise I wont do this again."

"Renton,you were never like this until I came along.I think Ill um stay out of your way.Its for the best."

I held back the tears in my throat and left .

***

I sighed.I was staring at my phone.

I wanted to break up with Fred.I needed to.

I cleared my throat and quickly dialed his number.

"Hi Fred...Im great...Im sure it is...Look I dont think this is working out...no its me not you...I just dont think this is working for us...uh huh...me too...bye."I threw my phone to the side and fell backwards on my bed.

"Hey honey,you alright?"My mom stood in the entrance of my door.

"Yeah.I broke up with Fred."

Mom came over and sat next to me.
"I'm sorry.I knew you really liked him."

No,I really liked Renton.But all he sees now is someone who did him dirty.And I dont want to be around to remind him of that.Im not that selfish.

"I did.But new things,right?"

"Of course."

I hugged her tight and watched her as she left the room.

Shes been sad lately because my sister,Kayla,left for college in the summer.She misses her and so do I.

I sighed.I should call Kayla.Maybe she'll give me some advice.

Right when I was going to call her,someone knocked on my door.

"Hey Janny."Kayla greeted.

I jumped up so fast,screaming and running toward her.

"Kayla,I was just about to call you.I need advice."

"Oh,no how was college?Do you have a boyfriend?"She asked,with a small smile.

"Oh crap,sorry.I just have alot on my mind."I replied,putting my hair in a ponytail.

"No,its cool.Whats up?"

"Okay so,I have this friend and something happened to him or someone did something to him.It doesn't sound good and apparently I look like this person.Which sucks because I like hanging with him and when Im around him recently he seems so anxious and afraid.I don't know what to do."I shrugged.

Kayla registered the information and folded her hands.

"Alright,so let me be clear.This guy-your friend-you obviously have feelings for him but thats not what you asked.It seems that this girl or whoever did him dirty is occupying his thoughts and he still hasn't moved on or forgiven them or forgot about it.Which is alright accept now its affecting his relationships.What you can do is give him some space dont cut him off completely.Start slow with him if you wanna head in that direction."

I think Im getting close to that million dollars.

xoxo nia