•yeah its confusing•

why is there more comments than votes?

plz vote guys I wanna update faster :)))

janet-lee pov

"Are you serious?You've lied to me for two years Renton.Two years."Ryder's face was steaming.

Renton looked so guilty.

"I-I really thought we had something but it was all in my imagination.All in my fucking head.I cant be friends with you.Not anymore."He stood up from the lunch table and left.

"Ryder...I love you."Renton whispered.

Ryder's face lit up."Whoa.What?You can talk?Ive never heard you talk before.What the hell?"He hugged Rent.

"I could always talk but its complicated.Please don't stop being my friend."

"I wont."

I smiled.Good for them.

***

"Can we address this please?Youve been staring at my lips for the past couple of weeks.You gonna tell me what's up.Wanna kiss me?"Preppy teased,writing down answers in his notebook.

I could feel my face heating up.Im so embarrassed.I dont even act like myself around him anymore.

I think I have a crush on him.I shouldn't because I have a boyfriend in Ohio.Fred.

"Can we not talk-"

He cupped my face in his hands.
"Look,denial is stupid.I wanna kiss you too."

"Renton-"

"Chocolate,Im not gonna talk about this anymore.If you want me,you can have me.Thats all Im saying.Even if I am a cripple."He winked at me.

I laughed."I think it makes you that much hotter."

He turned serious.And then a small smile flickered on his lips.

Oh no.I made him sad.

"Rent,I didnt mean to."

"It's not you."

"What is it then?"

"I hate being crippled and being reminded of it everyday makes me a little upset."He chuckled like it was funny.

"Rent,you shouldn't make it seem like its wrong to be upset about this.You deserve to be."

"But its my fault that I fell.Its my fault I was drunk."Renton whispered.

"Why were you drunk that night?"I asked,folding my legs.

"I dont want to talk about if thats okay with you."

"Of course.But...its good to vent to someone.Especially someone you can talk to."I played with his hair.

"Im scared of what youll think of me when I tell you."His lip quivered.

I hugged him.

"Hey,its okay."He faked a smile and continued to  smile.

Denial is stupid.

***

I followed Renton to his physical therapy appointment,Friday afternoon.