"..." Calix knew he had messed up, "I'm sorry." He pursed his lips tightly, "I thought we were going the right way."

"We're in the mountain forest..." I looked at him with doubtful eyes, "Calix, what if we encounter some wild animal?" There were many fears inside me but I named only one.

He saw how frightened I was, "Hey!" He held my shoulders, "We'll be fine!" He tried to reassure me, "We won't be encountering any hostile animals." But it didn't work, "If we did come across one, I can fight it away." He smiled, "Don't worry." It was all useless. Especially because there was no point to reassure me now that we were already doomed.

"Calix," I pointed behind him, "How do you plan on fighting that?"

I saw Calix's eyes widen even before he turned around to see the giant wild boar glaring at us. My legs started shaking as Calix turned to face the combative, giant boar

Calix's first instinct was to shift into his wolf and that's what he did. His clothes just simply tore off him since he had no time to take them off as he faced the big thing. Alpha's wolf forms are quite big but the thing here was that the boar was enormous. I never even knew hogs this big existed. If Calix's wolf was 7 feet in height, that boar was 8 feet.

And I don't know what was wrong with it but it looked angry.

"Shift," Calix linked his mind to mine.

"I'm not shifting." I was adamant about not showing my omega wolf to anyone.

The boar raced its hind legs, ready to launch itself toward us.

"You'll get hurt if you don't!" He growled.

"I'm not shifting!" I said as I took a step back, "Let's not fight it!" I took a stance, "Let's just outrun it."

Calix growled, "Mael! Turning your back to it is more dangerous!"

I knew that but I can't fight it in my human form and I wasn't shifting in front of an Alpha.

"I'm sorry!" I said and ran along the riverside.

"Mael!!" He growled and turned to run after me as the hog bolted towards us, "What is wrong with you!" He reached my side, "We can do it together!"

"I'm not shifting!" I glanced back.

"Why not!?"

"Just because!"

He glanced back at the wild beast slowly catching up to us, "Does it have anything to do with your wolf form?!" He glared at me.

"Yes!"

"It doesn't matter!" He growled, "We're bound to get more lost if we run around like this!"

"No!" There was nothing that was going to change my mind and so as a result we just glared at each other, with a monster behind us but that wasn't our biggest mistake there.

Our worst fault was not looking in front and we didn't realize it till the moment we were past the edge. Suddenly there was no ground to run on, just empty space that pulled us down.

We fell off the cliff.

>>Calix

I got out of the water still in my wolf form and looked back up at the cliff.

Woah...

We could have died if we weren't running along the river. I looked around me but saw no one else.

Mael?

I tried to link my mind with him but he wasn't responding even though I felt him near me.

Then, my eyes went wide as I realized something.

Shit!!

I dove underwater to grab the drowning boy and resurfaced again with his collar in my mouth.

God! This person!! He couldn't shift for a few minutes!!

What's he worried about?

I pulled him to land and let out my anger in the form of a howl.

Since we were both drenched, I dried my fur and shifted back, then I walked to Mael and grabbed his shirt to take it off.

I wouldn't have made fun of him even if his wolf is smaller than average! He wouldn't have passed out from this fall if he had shifted.

This idiot!!

I zipped down his jacket in anger as I took off his pants at the same time.

...

Then I zipped it back up

...

Fuck!

!!!

My eyes were out wide and I frantically stepped away from him- no, her.

Shit! Shit!

I held my head as I got some answers.