-28-

Hey guys! This story is (obviously) called Forbidden Love. It's about two people, Toni Braxton and Bryan Williams, who mistakenly fall in love. Their love is far from easy, but they try to make it through the rough patches. Read to see how their story goes...
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Toni, baby, how are you? What's the matter? Talk to me." My mom asked. She's been here with me at the hospital for some time but we haven't truly spoken since Dubai.

She wanted me to open up and tell her all the crazy shit thats been happening but I can't. Not to her. The amount of disappointment that would she would feel, I couldn't let her think of me like that.

She always wanted me to be the best, and the smartest, and the most beautiful person I can be. These past few months, none of my decisions were in my best interests, not were smart, and I sure as hell do not feel like a beautiful person right now.

"Baby, please." She whimpered, now on the verge of tears. "Mommy, I can't!" I said finally snapping.

"I'm a disappointment! Can't you see that?! I'm not the same girl I was five months ago. I got in a serious relationship with my teacher, Mom! I let him impregnate me and he turned on me afterwards. He hates me and don't ask why but it makes me hate myself more than I should." I said with tears rolling down my cheek like a river.

She sat next me in the bed and wrapped me in her arms. I cried endlessly for what felt like hours as she hummed in her ear and tried to console me.

"Mom, I'm doing everything you told me not to do. I am who you told me not to be. I'm sorry." I said after raising myself out of her hold.

She cupped my face and kissed my forehead. "You.. You are everything I could ever want you to be, hell, maybe more." She said. She kissed me again and held my hand. "Now, tell me what happened, angel."

"We weren't okay. Not the slightest bit of it, but I can probably take all the blame. After I came back from the graduation flee, I was so happy to come back and be normal. He wasn't. He was pissed and that pissed me off. He left and I started feeling guilty... and lonely so I called him and asked him to fly me out where he was, thinking it'd make everything better. Make us better. It didn't." I lightly chuckled before sniffling.

"We were screaming and arguing. Next thing you know, we were having sex. Not makeup sex or anything like that. It was all the hate I've ever imagined. That's where she came from... my daughter. She came from hate sex and I was not okay with that. I know abortions are frowned upon but I couldn't imagine bringing that precious little girl into this world with two parents who only had an obsession to want to love each other."

"We don't like each other. We barely love each other, all we have is an obsession and want. It's not a healthy relationship for her, Mom. It'd be hell for her. I would kill myself before letting her see that. So I told him I was going to abort her. That's when the already left situation took a harder left. He called me out my name, he threw stuff everywhere, he changed. I couldn't even tell it was the person I loved. He was totally different."

"Baby, that is okay. All men change after a while, especially with that kinda of news. Do not blame yourself." Mom said. She ran her fingers through my messy hair and hugged me.

"My grandbaby would understand. He soon, too, will understand." She said. "But, my main concern is.. Do you want you and him to work out?"

I looked down at my bare feet and pondered on that. I do because deep down, pass all our shit, he's all I got right now and I want to love him more than I do now. But, I don't think he'll ever be that man I met in the classroom five months ago.

"I don't know, Mommy. I don't know if that's what he wants. I don't know if that's what I want."

"Well, your sisters wanted to see you, but I assumed you'd be coming home after all this is cleared, right?" She said hoping and telling me more than asking.

I sighed and shook my head no. "I'm moving." I blurted out causing her to look at me sideways. "I'm moving to Texas and I don't think I'm coming back here or Maryland. I already brought a house out there and I have meetings with record labels soon."

My mom let a tear slip her eye after forcing them in. "Well, my precious little girl, I pray that I can come visit. Just... just don't forget about us." She said before kissing my head and getting up.

"Talk to him before you go. Don't let all that B.S. sit with you and fester. It'll kill you inside" She said before leaving the room.

Maybe she's right. I deserve more than to let this shit sit with me.

I picked up the phone and dialed Bryan's number.

Bryan: What?
Toni: I'm still in the hospital.. Can you come visit?
Bryan: For what? We have nothing to talk about.
Toni: We actually have a lot to talk about. More than we knew. Please... for me.
Bryan: I'll be there tonight. After that, I'm done. With us and with you.
Toni: I understand.

He hung up and I threw my phone on the bed before plopping back. I'm stupid for even thinking this'll work out tonight.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Next chapter is the last. ☹️ I was editing some of the chapters and reading along with it and I am going to miss this book. It's one of my favorites from myself.. if that makes sense without being conceited lmao😂😂

Anyway, get ready for the last chapter♥️