Shadow (Part 2)

Like I said before, try not to cry. It's not that sad....LOL

OR IS IT?!   O.o

Queen was broken and dead when I found her lying in the burning soil nearby the dead Indosuchus. Her face was curled in a mid-snarl, as if she was fighting against death, and her charred flesh scorched my nostrils.

A wing from Cal and his pterodactyl family was left floating around in the darkness from the volcano's wind. That scared me more than ever. I couldn't imagine seeing a family disintegrate into nothing. Only to leave behind-

The limb floated past me, slipping against my bruised left leg. I wanted to gag at first, but without expressions to imitate this, I stayed quiet and still, watching it float away.

Feather still laid quiet, but her body shook in the aftershocks that rampaged upon the valley. After picking up another rock from Atlas's trapped hind, I was beyond scared's limits.

"Oh gosh..." I shook my head in tears, "How could this happen?"

"It just did," Atlas muttered, still cradling his long lost love, "We just can't do anything about it Tyrannosaurus."

"We're the last ones..." I quaked as I picked up another boulder, "And if we die...."

"We won't." Atlas hissed, "We can't. The portal's open, we'll find a way out."

"But what if it still happens?" I croaked, dropping the rock.

Atlas just turned his head away.

"It won't."

Within every agonizing step and removal of the rocks from Atlas's trapped tail, there was some type of distinctive beating of the Earth's core beneath my feet. I paused quickly and lowered myself, feeling the ruined burnt ground between my toes.

It was shaking strong...

Stronger.

"We gotta go," I growled, hauling up more boulders, then tossing them to the side to add to the rubble. After a few more seconds, Atlas's crushed tail would free from its hold, and with a wheezing growl, he slowly moved to his feet. My eyes lowered merely towards the subtle earth, watching small little pebbles bounce violently around, for they seemed to impress its mate nearby. Atlas, still trying to stand up, began to sink low from his brutal injury, and quickly in panic I snatched him by the spine, hauling him to his feet. Atlas wheezed harder and harder, broke away from my side, then nodded to me with tears of pain; "I can carry myself."

"Good," I croaked, "Because I gotta find Whiteclaw. He's still alive." I backed away from Atlas before turning around, half-sliding and half tumbling downhill to where the broken cavern laid waste among the splattered blood and dust of old life.

The fire mountain that blazed like the morning sun behind me crackled and boomed with the sky, plunging countless stones down its weakened slopes. It held itself high as its base rumbled, and made the sky sway upon its wreckoning. The land shook and cracked, spewing small gaps of lava and hot flashes of steam, hot enough to tear flesh from bone.

I knew it was only a matter of time before its rage killed us all.

I limped faster through the scorching and rattling lands, tripping at some points to land on my chest. At times, the soil jolted on way, then swayed opposite beneath my chest, and it's ugly but strange movement forced me to my three-toed feet. I stopped a few meters farther from where I fell, facing away from the volcano and sniffed the air.

There were a TON of scents, some of smoke, some of lava, some of blood.

C'mon, I thought, where are you? Where are you Deinonychus?