Future Author's Note (2021)

Hello!

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to read this story. It's not often people come around to check out pristine work. 

(Then again, I am bluffing, so you can just ignore that last statement).

You are either here because you're interested in reading about dinosaurs (who wouldn't be), or you're a fan of my work and got curious at what random secrets I hide further down my profile page.

Well, you found one. Congratulations...

But first, to those of you who do not know what I am, allow me to introduce myself. 

My name is Elijah C. Millington and I am a Caribbean young adult who loves writing about prehistoric and mythical creatures. 

And, on rare occasions, humans, too. 

I am currently the author of several captivating stories told through both time, space, and realities alike, but none could've come into fruition had it not been for my past. Given that I joined Wattpad not too long ago [2017], and having been both shortlisted in a Wattys and featured alike, you've probably come here to expect something incredible.

I can neither agree nor deny that claim.

Which means this is really good... and it's really bad. But I'm not here to push you away from reading this story, of course not! I'm here to tell you why you should read it!

Or, at least I'll try to.

Like any ordinary person, writing takes time, and improves slowly as the years go on. I can honestly say that my writing has grown tremendously from 2014 to now, and having come across this story a decade later only further proves my point. 

I consider Countdown: A Dinosaur Story to be both my first original story and my first Wattpad story. It is loosely based off of a documentary I watched when I was younger (which is still on YouTube to this day) called Last Day of The Dinosaurs (2013).

The documentary outlined the death of the dinosaurs in a rather gruesome way, but enough so that I enjoyed it, and was enticed enough to write on it. So you may consider this story to be a fanfiction.

It isn't.

I wanted to make things interesting, not just give into the noticeable end where all the dinosaurs perished. I wanted something darker, more paranormal and mysterious where something (or someone) was behind it all.

And no, its not aliens. Good guess though.

I started writing after my Warriors Fanfiction completed its arc in 2015-2016, and finished 100 chapters 8 months later. 

To this day I still don't know how I did it. Believe me, nowadays I could write 50 chapters through a whole year, but it's not easy. So 100 in 8 months is absolutely insane.

Nevertheless, the story gained some notability here and there, but this was back then when the old rating system existed. It lost it's vigor after a while, and I have since left it.

Now, let me warn you, dear reader.

1. This story is a bit overly exaggerated, bouncing back and forth from character to character. The violence is also very intense, to the point where you'll question how (or why) they're still alive.

2. This is DEFINITELY not accurate. You'll see random dinosaurs pop in that didn't even exist when their extinction happened, which I know will trigger a LOT of people.

3. There are HUGE blocks of text riddled in this story, so it may be challenging to follow along. 

4. The grammar and dialogue is all over the place, as well as the plot. But I will say there are some chapters in here that are real tear-jerkers, and actually hit harder than you might realize. 

No wonder I kept winning 3rd place with this book.

Countdown: A Dinosaur Story a true wonder of my past and my first attempt to wave in fans on Wattpad. Even though I barely look back on it today, I still see it as an achievement worth holding onto, and reflecting upon. And, if I miraculously become a Wattpad Star (or win a Wattys), and a higher ranked author falls upon this, I won't remove it for the sake of making me look better.

I'm keeping it here... for the sake of making me look better.

(I call it reverse psychology)

So without further ado, let me stop typing away like a maniac, and allow you finally read Countdown: A Dinosaur Story. 

Enjoy!

- E.C. Millington as of September, 2021