Whiteclaw (18 days after)

ElijahCole11: Hope you guys are really enjoying this book! I'm so glad that so many people are reading it, I'm doing flips already! Anyways, enough about tat, I wanted to write here just to make some reminders? Idk how to say it, lol. Notes? 

Its really tough to write a difficult sequence each day that fits into this story. There may be some slow updates from now on (homework and weekend adventures), but its okay, nothing to worry about. Around this part in Countdown, it's gonna be a little strange and boring until the 21-23 days chapters. I'm already working on those first before I do 18 days after to 20 days after. I'm telling you now, the 21-23 days after chapters are going to be so intense, you might keep reading those parts over and over again :D. Lots of major points and fights and deaths (no spoils), (someone will turn evil) will be around those parts (in the comments below, take a wild guess as to who may face their fate and who may turn evil between these chapters!). Most of the part scenes are from ideas that I created, or something that I thought about while watching some movie or reading a book on Wattpad or elsewhere. I hope you guys enjoy. And once again, thanks for following me and this book. I'm really glad you guys did! THANKS AGAIN :D!

"How is he alive?!" Amberclaw was in shock when I hauled him into Three-Toed Caverns, but I didn't bother to answer his question. His flesh felt loose and wrinkled, as if major sunburns consumed his body in raging fires. His tail hung low to the earth, dry and flakey, and his stench was warm and awful, as if he hasn't showered for days. Or perhaps weeks. I pulled him into the darkest shaded area of the caverns, a black line that split mid-way through the rocked earth itself, and tucked his tail in a bit to loosen his discomfort. Each shallow breath of my older brother seemed painful and dying, and his heartbeat was off sometimes while he laid there unconscious to his own bodily needs.

"Wait, there's more of you?" Drexel sounded worried, glimpsing at Blackclaw's darkened crimson hide as if death itself was staring back at him with an evil grin, "Oh."

"He's our pack leader."

"Huh," Shadow rumbled from outside the caves, "For a moment, I thought it'd be you."

"Yeah," I breathed, "I wish." 

I nudged him with my snout, feeling his joints move slightly forwards, though my real plan was to awaken the sleeping beauty. From beneath the curtains of his eyelids glowed a dull lost pupil that seemed gone and lifeless, but breathing in its core. But patience was something I needed to figure out first. I decided to sleep alongside him, making sure that his survival was now my top priority. I was still, deep down, in awe of how he possibly survived from the moment I got split from the group, to now. The tsunamis, the earthquakes, and everything must've come at him at some point. So perhaps he did have the same fair chance as me and Amberclaw did.

I shifted my albino body over a bit to his side to cool him down, since my skin color reflected heat and any means of light from wherever the warmth came from. The sky darkened a bit more than its own shadows, hanging over like small hills or enlarged chins from above.

If light ever did come back to the world.

I recalled the feeling of the sun from the other side of the countdown clock, its warmth, its light, its ball of fire that raged in the rising westside. I wondered to myself if I'd ever see that again. Unless I do go back into the hole in the clock. I transferred my brain to the feeling in my once injured calf. It was nearly complete in healing, now a blackened scab that over grew the cobwebs of my wound. I forgot the pain of the stick that punctured my flesh before, since the feeling died after a while ago. It helped to not think about the pain, and let my thoughts easily settle upon the world around me, or perhaps my own past to keep me alive.