Shadow (Part 1)

Finally, about time I finished this chapter! Okay, so because of how long it is, I had to separate the chapter in to 2 and make a little bit of it a bit of rushed writing. But trust me, it's really sad and powerful for this second to last chapter. So Whiteclaw won't be there (speaking) anymore until book too. And as a disclaimer, get those tissues ready....

Again :D

A tremor woke me from the long sleep.

One long skull ringing tremor.

After its vibrant outburst rambled through the earth, my glowing eyes slowly opened towards an array of blurry colors, and all four other senses marched straight back into my soul. Rocks tumbled over from my buried self after each aftershock, and as the silence drew near, I could feel my impending heart beat thunder in my chest. Pain washed all over my body when I came too, covering me from the tip of my tail to the front of my snout. My breathing was quick and terrified, for I felt even more scared when I learned more about what had happened.

Or what should've happened.

I should've died, I thought, beginning the struggle to move again, why am I alive?

I tried to move again. But alas, my whole bottom half of my body laid trapped and encased in rubble, some in which tore into my flesh. Shockwaves of pain made me tremble harder as I sent signals to my tail and legs.

But they too remained trapped.

My heart began to race, and my eyes widened as panic braced for impact.

No, no, no-

"Gah! G-" I growled, trying to push upwards from the force that restrain me, from death's claws that held me down.

No please! Not like this!

"AHH!" I cried again, tears skydiving from my red dusted eyes. I could hear the earth shake from my strength and the groans of the rocks. The pushing tore at my spine like talons and froze my joints in pain. But its weight overcame me even still, and I dropped like a rock with a trembling crash. My whole body shook and scared eyes beneath its sockets darted around.

I was so terrified.

The fear was above and beyond my wits to contain it, and in primal fear, I yelped out into the darkness.

"HELLO?!" I screeched. All that returned was a booming sound that rippled the earth and made my stomach twist inside, "Someone?!"

Another crackle hit the skies.

"PLEASE!" I was in tears as I roared out louder, "PLEASE SOMEONE! SOMEBODY HELP!!"

But in my heart, I knew nobody would even come to rescue me. I yanked at my legs and only was gifted with the feeling of agony.

I opened my mouth and roared the loudest I could, making the rocks over me quake.

Still, nothing benefited from my carnivorous call for help.

"HELP!!" I sobbed, then released yet another bellowing roar that would shake the heavens above me. My breathed raged on into hyperventilation, which in turn strained my lungs and pulled me into a darker void of what may happen to me; one in which I couldn't return, "I'M TRAPPED!! I'm here, I'M STUCK...! I CAN'T MOVE! I...."

I broke down in tears before yelling again.

"Atlas?!" I wailed, shivering hard as another rumble made the ground bounce, "Whiteclaw?!"

Nothing.

"Feather! Queen?! ANYONE?!"

But nothing dared return my calls.