Back to the Academy

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'm hungry." He whistled, "Might as well go together,"

"Go, get your own food!" I kept walking as I looked behind me, at him, "Do you have to necessarily bother me!" I sighed, "And how did you know I was getting food?"

"Well~" He scratched his cheek with his index finger but before he got to say anything I tripped over the pavement bump and fell flat on the ground.

I hit my face on the concrete but before the pain what bothered me more was that it happened in front of Eli.

That alone was embarrassing. It was shameful! Why did I have to fall down like a clown when he was here?!

I immediately sat up but didn't have the courage to look back at him because I felt so fucking humiliated.

I know he's going to get a kick out of it. He's going to laugh at me! I gulped as I waited for his reaction but I didn't hear anything from Eli at all.

Well, not at first but it was soon followed by the sound of someone laughing.

Here it is...

I bit my lower lip and frowned.

Fuck.

I shook my head as I stood up but I couldn't look back at him because my face had started to flush out of humiliation.

But,

Something happened right after. There was a shriek, some thumping sound, and then it suddenly got silent.

I shot my head around but saw no one. Not even Eli. In fact, he was nowhere in sight.

What?

The people around me seemed a little shocked, it was as if something had happened right behind my back.

What the hell?

What happened? Was it really Eli who laughed at me?

...

I don't think I've ever heard him laugh so close to me so I would never know.

I shook my head as I took a deep breath.

Good thing he's not here though.

This is my chance to escape!

***

Honestly, I thought dinner by myself was a good idea and it was. I was going to eat quietly by myself and it was going to be a peaceful night until I came across this buffoon.

Killian.

"What happened to your face?" He sat right across from me and continued to stare at my face.

"Aren't you here with someone?" I had ordered my food and was happily waiting for it when he walked in with some girl and then saw me.

"Did someone hit you?" He completely avoided my question, even though he just ditched someone, probably a hookup, just to come and stare at my cheek.

"No," I glared at him, "Go back to your seat." I looked at the table where his hookup was now sitting.

"Did you fight with someone?"

"Why are you asking?" I gritted my teeth, "You don't care."

"I don't," He answered, "But I am concerned."

"..." I rolled my eyes, "What is that even supposed to mean?"

"Simply put," He pointed at my cheek, "I can't ignore something that stands out so much."

I scoffed. So he's just here for entertainment? The realization made me angry. But then again, I should have expected this. He's Eli's best friend. They're the same kind.

"Aren't you leaving?" I drew out my claws to show him I didn't want him here.

He wasn't fazed at all, "Is someone abusing you?" My eyes went wide at his question.

...

Why is he asking that? How did he arrive at that conclusion?? It stunned me even though I'm sure he was spouting random shit.

"..." I just stared back at him, unsure what to say.

Just then, I received a text, it was the perfect excuse not to answer him but coincidentally, his phone buzzed at the same time. We both opened up our phones to look at our texts and I found out it wasn't a coincidence.

Why?

Because we had gotten a text in the academy group chat.

It was from Mr. Owen. And the moment I read his text my eyes almost popped out of my skull!

'Back your bags, we're going for a trip, we leave Monday morning.'

What the hell is wrong with this man??!

Dad was right! He does have extreme teaching methods!!

Why the hell do we need to go on a trip out of the blue!?!