Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen - False Hope

[Psycho - Post Malone feat. Ty Dolla Sign]

(Naomi)

That day, I had returned to my own house via Aaron's car, which Dan thought was a bad idea, (jealous best friend alert) with the thought that my insane brother was still roaming the streets. The thought didn't stick in my mind for long though, as the man of the minute was on my couch when I walked into the living room. He hadn't noticed my presence, so I slyly pulled out my phone and messaged Aaron, who was next door. 

Hey, my psycho brother is in my house call 999

on it

I tried keeping my noise to a minimum, which seemed to work perfectly, because in a matter of minutes James was writhing in the grip of several policemen. 

"Thanks for nothing, Naomi," snarled James. 

"Always there to help my angel of a brother," I stated, sarcasm laced in my voice. His facial expression was more than satisfactory, and so was the surprised face of Aaron Reid. 

Once the chaos had subsided, Aaron advanced towards me while slowly clapping his hands. "Damn Naomi, you got attitude, I like it," he smirked.

"You won't like it when I kick you in the shin, would you?" My favourite facial expression of Aaron Reid, the ghost of a smirk. 

"I would like it if you slapped me with your lips," I was in at the word slapped. I swung my right hand across his left cheek, making a loud slapping noise. The red hand mark on his cheek became more visible by the second. 

"I didn't say slap me with your hand!" 

"I heard 'I would like it if you slapped me' then blocked out the rest because I knew that it would be dirty. I've known you for two days and I already know what kind of a guy you are. Your transparency is giving me immense pain," I sighed, placing a hand on my head. "It's disappointing honestly. What kind of a girl am I?"

"A cute one that values other people and forgets what she said five minutes ago?"

"None of those if you continue provoking me. Now, go home before I kick you where it hurts!"

"I won't even get a thank you for calling the police to get your insane brother?" He jutted his bottom lip. 

"No, but you will get something else if you don't leave in the next five seconds," I held up five fingers, then lowered my thumb, index finger and middle finger one by one. The boy bolted out the gate and to the left, where his house was. This caused me to chuckle.

***

"I've been with you for half an hour, and our conversation has predominantly been about your neighbour, who you call 'attractive in the worst way," said the sarcastic voice of Dan, who had visited to drop off extra things that I left at his house. "Where's your roommate anyways?"

"Moved out the minute he heard that my brother escaped. Honestly, it's better this way, I don't have spontaneous house parties, don't have to clean up as often and I don't need a dumbass like him to be in the house 24/7 do I?"

"I guess not. Where's that music coming from?" The sound of loud music then hit my ears.

"One, stop asking so many questions. Two, I honestly don't know. Sounds like its coming from Aaron's house. Want me to check out what he's doing?" He nodded. 

When I returned, Dan looked at me with curiosity. "House party."

"You're actually kidding me!"

"I wish I was."

"Oh, Naomi, prepare for a sleepless night," smirked Dan. 

***

I got absolutely no sleep that night, as the boy hosting the stupid house party came knocking on my door and asking me to take care of him in his drunk state.

"You... are... a pain... in the... ass," I said, trying to stay awake. By now it was four in the morning, and Aaron was still wide awake. His head rested on my lap, as I tugged on his hair. 

He was absolutely silent. I looked down at him only to see his fast asleep on my legs. At this point, it didn't bother me, as I was exhausted. The two of us fell asleep on the sofa.

***

"I fucking hate you," I mumbled when I woke up (at nine in the morning) and Aaron was still asleep. He'd rolled off my lap, falling to the tiled ground with a light thud. This had woken me up, yet Aaron was still fast asleep on the floor. 

***

[unedited]