Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen - Jealousy

[Want You Back - 5SOS]

(Naomi)

Overnight, Aaron and I had somehow crept closer to each other. Possibly because our bodies craved warmth and it was a natural instinct, or the fact that there may have been a spark between the two of us. His arm was draped over my bare stomach, as my tank top had ridden up my body, (something that undoubtedly happens to everyone who moves in their sleep) and I lie on my back with my fingers lightly placed on his arm. 

Usually, I'd think this was wrong, but I didn't. In fact, I don't think I've ever trusted someone I hardly knew so much. I wondered how Dan would react to this. It felt as though I was betraying my best friend. 

I really wasn't. But I thought I was. 

I had tried removing Aaron's hand from my stomach, but that resulted in him mumbling "Don't leave me," As per usual, that pang of sympathy rushed through me. 

"I'll be back," I lied. I hastily changed into a top and denim shorts (in the bathroom) and walked outside the guest room. As I peeked into the rooms, I'd noticed that there was only light peeking through the blinds, and the bump in the bed, which implied that both Dan and Phil were asleep. I headed downstairs, where the blinds were still pulled across the windows. On the way to the door, I slipped my shoes on, grabbed the spare keys from the key holder and unlocked the door as quietly as possible.

But the sympathy for the boy in the guest room that I'd grown to like rushed through me. I surely looked like a fool, exiting the house, only to walk back in. This time, on the way back to the guest room, I had a glimpse of Dan sitting up on his bed, clearly sleep worn. Ignoring it, I walked back to the guest room, where a peaceful Aaron lay fast asleep, light snores escaping his lips. I found this quite cute, until he spoke, with his eyes still closed,

"Staring at me?" This caused me to laugh, then roll my eyes.

"And if I was?" I pressed on. He snapped his eyes open, and sat up. 

"Staring is impolite, and totally, one hundred percent rude if it while I'm asleep."

"Oh, don't flatter yourself, you know I'd only stare at you and think 'how can someone be so ugly?'," I advance towards him and take a seat on the bed. The ghost of a smirk was plastered on his face, but returned a second later.

"You're just trying to put me down because you know that I'm attractive, you admitted it yourself!" 

"In your dreams libertine," I said, causing him to laugh.

"What the fuck is going on? You two are aware that there are other people living in this house, and that it's nine in the morning, on a Saturday?" snapped a new voice. Aaron and I turned to face the new voice, which belonged to Dan.

"Geez, who shoved a stick up your ass this morning?" I snapped back. Even in the mornings, Dan wasn't like this. 

"You-" He started, before getting cut off by me.

"That was rhetorical!"

"Your conversation was so loud someone a mile away could hear it."

He was jealous. He hadn't even tried to conceal it. It was the most obvious thing I'd ever seen.

"Are you jealous?" Aaron looked at me with a look that clearly said "You'll regret saying that, Naomi"

To say the least, he was right.

"GO FUCKING AROUND WITH THIS DOUCHEBAG THAT YOU JUST MET AND THEN COME CRYING TO ME SAYING THAT HE BROKE YOUR HEART AND THAT HE SEEMED LIKE THE PERFECT GUY THAT!" shouted Dan. Provoking him may have not been the best idea.. 

He walked away, anger plastered on his face. I looked towards Aaron guiltily. He gave me a reassuring smile, spread his arms wide, and motioned for me to come. He engulfed me in a warm embrace. "Dan was just jealous that you're hanging out with me instead of him,"

"I heard that!" shouted Dan. This caused me to laugh.

"Great to know!" Aaron shouted back. 

"Also I'm still your best friend, right Naomi?"

"We'll see. It depends on if you come and say sorry for shouting!" I shouted.

"You guys do realise that you woke me up?" says a sleepy Phil.

***

yes aaron is a main character now bc i love him

-christie

[edited]