Chapter Two

Chapter Two

[Tag, You're It - Melanie Martinez]

(Naomi's P.O.V.)

Days later, I was yet again dragged back to Dan Howell's house, this time, with one of my childhood friends Macy. Doing the same thing, leaning on a wall, listening to the music playing about a thousand decibels , trying to avoid Dan, which was impossible, seeing as he was basically everywhere. The fact that he attempted to get me to like him was just impossible to think about.

Except when this happened, I didn't know what else to think of him.

"Hey, Naomi! Surprised you're at yet another party of mine!" He seemed pretty sober.

"Surprised that I got dragged to this hellhole again? Nah, not really, I seem to have friends who think both you and I have a reputation that's off the scale," I didn't fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Dick."

"Me? A dick? I'm not the one being bitchy here." I was discombobulated. How was I bitchy, even when he came up to talk to me?

Seconds later he was closer to me than I ever imagined. He pressed himself against me, while I was pushing him away, failing in doing so. Which resulted in him connecting our lips. In total shock, I had second thoughts on if he was sober or not.

He pulled away, confused. Smirking, I descended the stairs, padded through the lounge, and sat on one of the several bar stools. I watched Dan stumbling, in search of someone. Most probably myself, because of his unconditional love for women who think he is notorious. Once his eye catches mine, he runs over to me, and sits in the stool beside mine. I almost choke on the strawberry martini that was in my mouth.

I walked back upstairs, walked into the first room on my left, which had black and grey bed sheets, fairy lights sprung across the bedhead, a bedside table which had some sort of photo of Dan and Justin Bieber drawn, everything matched the black bedhead.

Was I in Dan's room? Possible, but it can't have been the first room I step foot into. I walk over to the bed, and the minute I sit on it and put my head in my hands Dan steps in , and sits besides me. The music has stopped, signalling it was either turned down, or the jukebox broke.

"Hey, Nomes, I know that you most likely hate me for earlier, but all I want is for us to get closer, we haven't seen each other in a while and we drifted apart," He confesses. His voice was soft, unlike any other time he's spoken to me without attitude. I felt like giving in for some reason.

"It's fine, if anything, you're the one that should hate me because of my attitude towards you. It's quite cringey really. We've known each other for God knows how long and we drift apart like two boats getting separated by the wind."

"Reunited?" I moved closer to him and pressed my lips against his cheek. When pulling away, I realize that I've made a lipstick stain on his cheek, and a tinted pink on both his cheeks. His eyes flickering between my eyes and lips. He slowly leans in, our lips millimeters apart. When out lips actually connect I get a rush of adrenaline through my veins. I wrap my arms around his neck, while his hands are in my hair.

That was cut short due to a familiar squeal. Dan and I immediately pulled away from each other, staring at Macy, in horror. Dan and I get up to push her out, instead her fragile self falls down on her bottom rear end. Dan locks the door, knowing what will happen if he left it unlocked.

"Where were we?" He smirks.

"Nowhere. You seem intoxicated, but aren't, I seem intoxicated, but I'm not" His smirk shrinks, and mine grows. I pat his shoulder. "Don't think I'll love you in an instant," I peck his cheek, rubbing off the mark I made earlier. "For now, could you unlock this door for me?"

"Nope, you're not going anywhere," I sigh at his response. "Not unless you answer this question,"

"Hit me with your best shot!" I sing.

"Will you, be my girlfriend?" Taken aback by his question, I cover my mouth.

"No, only friends, for now" I mutter the last part.

"For now, you say?" He steps closer, pressing himself against me, just as he did, about half an hour ago.  His lips attack mine, in such a quick manner, I respond after several seconds. He pulls away, to catch his breath. His hands rest under my thighs.

"Jump," Dan demands, out of nowhere. I oblige, and wrap my legs around his torso. Soon enough, I'm pinned to a wall with Dan kissing down my jaw, leaving wet kisses down my neck, and sucking on my sweet spot. I make several attempts to suppress a moan, but fail horribly. His lips travel back to my own.

Dan walked me over to the bed, laying me down, his lips never leaving mine. He pulls away to take his shirt off, except I shoot him a glare that signals 'not that far' (A/N: I'm not comfortable writing smut, too bad)

He raises his hands, surrendering. He lays beside me, and in minutes, I've fallen asleep on Dan Howell's chest.

~The next morning~

I was awoken by the sunlight, peering through the blinds.Pulling my phone out, I check for any new notifications and the time.

6:45 am

I put my phone back on the unfamiliar bedside. I look beside me and see Dan fucking Howell sleeping peacefully, not to mention his shirt was off. Thank Christ I was fully clothed.

Last nights memories come back to me. I wasn't the tiniest bit drunk, so what could've caused that?

*insert kermit meme*

Me: What could've caused it.

inner me: maybe you were drunk

I creep out of bed, trying not to wake Dan up. Except the door was still locked from last night. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! I sit on the side of the bed.

Groaning was heard from behind me. Dan somehow felt me on the side of the bed, wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I lay back down on the bed and face him. I run a hand through his curls.

His eyes flutter open, wide open when he sees me. "What happened last night?"

"For some reason we almost had sex last night, but didn't." Neither of us seem the slightest bit hungover meaning we're both handling it well.

"Wait, how come you're still here? How come you didn't leave?"

"One. I didn't want to worry you. Two. The door is still locked and I wouldn't know where you key is"

"What time is it?" he groans

"Six fifty-five?"

"Shit, why'd you wake up so early? Oh" He looks at the blinds. "The blinding sun of summer?" I nod, pouting. "Do you need more sleep?" I nod. "Get some sleep, I'll make breakfast and adjust the blinds"

"Just adjust the blinds, breakfast, later, it's too early, then engulf me with your warmth and Tumblr talk." I laugh. He stands up and walks over to the blinds, putting it at it's darkest. Walking back to the bed, Dan lays down, snakes his arms around my waist and rests his head upon my shoulder.

***

[Edited]