Chapter Seventeen

an au where dan and phil can drive. an au where hansol vernon plays aaron reid.

Chapter (say the name) Seventeen - Falling Downhill

[Going Crazy - EXO] 

(Naomi) 

Phil then told me that someone I'd find very familiar was following us. The news that my maniac brother wriggled out of the police's wrath again was harrowing. The fact that he could be the one following Phil's car wasn't a surprise, as he was known for stalking innocent people, only to creep into their house in the middle of the night and murder them. I'd come to the conclusion that it was in fact James who was following us.Phil took a sharp right turn to throw him off. I'm quite certain that it had worked, because after that, there wasn't any creepy shadow on the pedestrian. The faint sound of the radio put me at ease. It was a familiar song, called Ko Ko Bop or something of the sort. 

Phil parked far from the house, and told me that if James did happen to find the car by the plate number, he would believe that the house we parked in front of was theirs. It also meant that there was a short walk from where we were to the house. Phil and I power-walked side by side, eager to get in. The cold air was nipping at my face. Knowing that I'm in danger in my own house was a thought that was creeping up in my mind.

As we reached the house, I took some time to admire its beauty at night. Phil grabbed my wrist and puled me towards the front door. He unlocked it, and pushed it open. When I turned right into the living room, I'd realised that Dan wasn't the only one here. Dan's gaze turned from the man in front of him, to me. His eyes immediately lit up.

"Naomi!" he got up from his seat and embraced me in a warm, tender hug. It made me feel at ease, with everything going on, a hug from my best friend was what I needed. When he released me from the hug, my eyes landed on the young man who Dan was talking to.He was quite familiar. It was as though I'd seen him not too long ago "This is Aaron. Aaron, this is Naomi," 

"We've met before," says the cocky voice. 

"Ah yes, the local thief, I remember seeing you at my house! What was that you wanted? A kiss was it? A bit forced wasn't it?" My voice was dripping in sarcasm. 

"Are you serious Naomi? Is this true?" asks Dan. I nod, glaring at Aaron.

"About that.. I'm your neighbour, and my friends dared me to greet you in the creepiest was possible... Sorry about that," My lips curved upwards. 

"So these friends need a whooping?" I laugh, and so do Dan and Aaron. There was no sign of Phil, so I assume he went upstairs. 

"Well, we've sorted that out, any other problems?" says Dan sarcastically.

"Yes actually, why is he here anyways?" Before Dan gets a chance to speak up, Aaron says,

"Well, I saw this note on your window sill, and it had this address on it. I came here and Dan and I were conversing, and you show up!"

"So where am I sleeping?" I say and Dan looks down fidgeting with his fingers.

"Well, Aaron is staying over tonight, and we sort of only have one guest room..."

"YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME! I AM NOT SHARING A BED WITH ANYONE!" 

"No one is sleeping on the couch either," mumbles Aaron.

"I guess it's a game of, whoever gets to the bed first sleeps on it," says Dan, and the second after Aaron and I are running up the stairs. I stick my foot out to trip him, but that fails, as we both continue running. We both reach the guest room and leap towards the bed. 

Problem is, both Aaron and I touched the bed at the same time. "I guess we're sharing a bed," says Aaron. I roll my eyes, making my way to the suitcase that had been beside the bed. While I'm opening the suitcase, Aaron opens the closet, and sees both clothes and undergarments. "Who's clothes are these?"

"Mine," I state.

"You've stayed here before?"

"Loads of times. Hey, do you have any spare clothes?"

"For you?"

"For you, dumbass, I have a bunch of my clothes already."

"No."

"Ask to borrow some of Dan's, I'm sure he'll say yes," I say, matter-of-factly.

"Can you ask? I've only known Dan for a day and it'll seem embarrassing to ask..."

"Sure," I say as I saunter outside the guest room to Dan's room. "Hey, Dan? Can Aaron borrow some pajamas" I say, unphased by the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Give him these," He says, throwing some shorts in my direction.

"Thanks," I say. As I'm walking back to the guest room, I see Aaron patiently waiting on the bed. "Fair warning, Aaron, we'll both be on the edges of the bed, far away from each other."

"It's a king bed, Naomi, what are you so stressed out about?"

"The fact that I'm sleeping next to a guy who I met today? Doesn't it phase you that you're sleeping with a girl you hardly know?"

"How about we get to know each other?"

"No thanks, I'm exhausted." I grab some pajamas from the closet and my toothbrush and hairbrush from the suitcase and make my way to the bathroom. I quickly change, my dirty clothes on the laundry basket, brush my teeth and plait my hair. Once I get out, I see Aaron, only wearing shorts. His light brown hair was slightly messy, God knows from what. I walk towards the right side of the bed, settle my phone on the bedside table and connect the charger. I tuck myself in, the lights still on. 

Aaron turns the lights off. The bed dips down, implying that he'd also gotten into bed. I read for a while, before turning my phone off and falling asleep.

Aaron and myself slept back to back, but we woke up in a completely different position.

***

well, thats what you get for sleeping in the same bed as hansol ver- *cough* aaron reid.

okay lemme promote my own story on instagram like the thirsty hoe that I am

okay I've been editing and the more recent chapters are perfect

-christie

[Edited]