Chapter 2

It was six in the morning when Wonshik woke up. He had still one and a half hours left before he had to go to work and usually he would have turned around and dived into dreamland once again until he would have been woken up by his alarm, but it was his first real day at the Seoul Special Police Force and it wouldn't hurt to make a good first impression. He decided that a shower was a good first step to show some good will.

He was glad that even as a cyborg he didn't have to make special adjustments for showering - actually most of the time he felt like a normal human. Only that there were these 'superpowers' that he couldn't turn off and that reminded him that he was no human and would never be one.

Deep in thought it took some time for him to realize that Taekwoon was standing in front of him. A very pissed, half naked Taekwoon, who tried to kill him with his stare.

"You're in the way, Kim Wonshik!" he said with an icy voice and the cyborg winced.

"Ah...I'm sorry..." he stammered while unconsciously scanning the smaller's figure.

He had to admit that the black haired didn't only have a pretty face but his body was quite attractive as well. To be completely honest Taekwoon was hot! His abs were well defined even though he had a slender figure, but he seemed to work out a lot. Only when you took a closer look you saw the thin white lines that crossed the man's chest.

"Are these...scars...?"

For a second, panic stood in Taekwoon's eyes, but then got replaced by anger.

"You're in the way!"

He pushed Wonshik away, and even though it wouldn't have been a problem for him to resist the pressure he was startled enough to stumble backwards a little so that the other could rush past him to his own room.

For some moments the taller just stared after his partner with his mouth slightly agape. He didn't quite know how to react to what had just happened. Never before had someone hated him that much when they had only met twice before. Well, there had been people in school and at the academy that had disliked him, but usually it took at least some kind of action from him. Taekwoon on the other hand seemed to hate him for just his existence...

Shaking his head he decided that it was really time to take his shower and not bother with the other's weird behavior - at least not until he had to work with him.

It took only about ten minutes for the next event to happen that made Wonshik wonder about what could possibly be wrong with the way Jung Taekwoon acted, though. He hadn't expected the black haired to treat him friendly in any way after that incident in front of the bathroom, but out of all things he really didn't expect him to stand in the kitchen and make breakfast for the two of them. It was just simple rice with some cooked vegetables, but it was still food that Taekwoon - the Taekwoon that had seemed to hate him just a few minutes before - had made for him!

"This...isn't poisoned or anything...right...?"

The question was rude, he knew, but it just didn't seem possible for a human to do things that were this contradictory. If gazes could kill, he would have died in that moment, but he decided to ignore the death threat that lay in the other's eyes.

"You don't have to eat it if you don't want it!" the black haired hissed, obviously offended, which made Ravi laugh.

"No, I'm gonna eat it! Thanks. I don't know how to cook anyways."

He didn't see the unbelieving look on Taekwoon's face.

"Well...then you're from now on banned from cooking! I can't risk you ruining my precious kitchen!"