Prologue: Leo

"Nice work, Leo!"

Hakyeon patted Taekwoon's back, ignoring that the latter obviously didn't like it. 

"It's no big deal..." the younger murmured with his usual soft voice that didn't give a hint about how annoyed he was with his boss.

"Of course it's a big deal! We have been working on that case for months and now it is finally closed because of you!"

"Mr. Cha...Hyung...please..."

The younger one's voice was even quieter than before while he hid his red cheeks in his hands. He got extremely uncomfortable whenever he received compliments plus he actually didn't think of himself that highly.

"Please don't call me Mr. Cha! Do we really have to talk about this over and over again?"

Taekwoon seemed to get even smaller.

"Sorry, N..."

The other smiled at the shyness of his workmate. Taekwoon was incredibly skilled as an agent and even though he didn't like to work with others and had a hard time trusting people, Hakyeon was still glad that the black haired had joined his department.

"Would you go out for dinner with the rest of us tonight? Just as a little celebration that we finished the case."

The older could see that Leo wanted to say no, but when he saw the others pleading expression he clicked his tongue and gave a quick nod. A bright smile appeared on Hakyeon's face. Usually he didn't manage to convince Taekwoon to join them, but today the latter seemed to be in a good mood.

"Well then I'll find the others and tell them about it. We'll meet at the dorms."

He didn't wait for the other to agree and just went to his office to inform Ken first of their new appointment. Leo sighed and turned to his own office to do some more work until he had to meet up with the others. It wasn't that he didn't like the others in his department - he really did - but he just wasn't used to being close to people.

~ ~ ~

"Actually, Leo, why don't you have a partner? Don't we all have to be paired up for work?"

Hyuk's innocent question made Taekwoon freeze. He knew that the Maknae of the team didn't intend to be rude or open up old wounds, but Leo also couldn't bear getting asked this question. Every member of the special force team knew that the second oldest had enormous trust issues. The only reason he could have faith in the other four - Hakyeon, Jaehwan, Hongbin and Sanghyuk - was because he had known them for years, ever since they had met at the police academy.

He stood up abruptly.

"I don't feel that well. I'll go home," he said in a quiet tone.

The gaze of the youngest followed him as he went out of the restaurant. Hakyeon sighed.

"He really has to overcome these issues someday..." he said saddened.

Jaehwan laid a hand on his back.

"Aren't we getting a newbie soon?"

A grin showed on his face.

"How about putting him in a team with Leo? Maybe this will get us somewhere."

---------------------------------------
Part one done, part two soon to follow~
Thanks again to Leigh1019 for letting me use this plot!
Please tell me if you like it.

(Hopefully) See you next chapter!