Chapter 7 Family Gathering Part 2

Eventually we moved the gathering outside. "Adam, when did you and Seth become engaged?" Mom asks. She seems to becoming more comfortable with Archer and his new family being here.

Grinning at Seth, who's lap I'm sitting on, I answer, "Today at the cafe Seth took me to." I lean over and peck Seth on the lips.

"How long have you two been dating?" Archer asks.

I answer him but not without glaring at him. I don't blame Carmen or my half siblings, I blame Archer. "We've been together 8 months."

"Moving a little fast don't you think?" Archer demands glaring at Seth. "No this wedding or engagement isn't happening I won't allow it."

That's it. I've had enough. He can't be out of my life for 14 years and think he can tell me what to do. Getting off Seth's lap, I walk up to Archer and surprise everyone when I punch him.

Once he's picked himself off the ground I sign, "Fuck you! You don't get to waltz back into my life after 14 years and think you can tell me what I can and cannot do!"

"Adam, I'm your father I have every right!" He growls out.

"No Dad, you don't." Archer turns to Antonio in shock. "You weren't there for Adam like you were us. You didn't leave mom and Asher like you left Adam and his mom. You might be his father but you're not his dad. Adam seems to be a fine man without your help."

Archer hangs his head. "Dad he is old enough, mature enough to make his own choices. He mom doesn't seem to have a problem with their engagement. So, get over it."

Archer nods as he looks between his three youngest children and me. "Adam, I hope one day you can forgive me and we can start fresh." I quirk an eyebrow at him but don't answer. "I'm glad you had, have three men in your life who've been there for you when I should have been."

He smiles at the uncles before turning his attention to Seth, who has his arms wrapped around my waist and pulls me against his chest.

"Seth, I'm glad you make Adam happy. Please do something that I never did for him?" Seth nods waiting for him to continue. "Protect him and make him feel loved and if you two adopt any children, please if you leave for whatever reason, make sure your kids know you

"No disrespect, sir, but I know what it's like to have a parent up and leave for their own selfish reasons." I feel Seth pull me tighter to him and I hold his hands tighter in mine. We had discussed months ago why his mom wasn't around.

"I would never do that to Adam or any future children we'll have. I love him more than I love myself." Seth then leans down and softly kisses my cheek.

Over the next four weeks of school is basically goofing off for us Seniors. We don't really do anything in our classes except talk. We practice the graduation ceremony the last two weeks.

On the Monday of the second week before graduation, mom stops me before Seth and I leave for school.

"Adam, I was thinking that you should invite your father and his family to your graduation." She sounds unsure.

Smiling at her to try and reassure her with that smile. "I will mom. If nothing else I would like to see my brothers and sister. I will text Carmen on the way to school." Walking over to her I hug her and kiss her cheek.

Stepping back from her I give her another smile. "I love you mom. Thanks for raising me and loving me."

Whoops, didn't mean to make her cry. "I love you, too, Adam. Always have always will." Mom sends us out the door.

Once we're at school, parked and out the car, we head inside to clean our lockers out. That's what first hour of today.

I'm lost in my thoughts when I'm slammed into my closed locker. Amy is at her boyfriend, Patrick, locker. Seth is at his locker. Glancing behind me I see three of Seth's teammates grinning like fools.