10. Looking To Belong

Start from the beginning

"I'm right here." He whispered from behind us.

"I was just talking to the soc." He said.

"What did he say?" Dally asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"He said he won't apologize because he did it on purpose." Johnny replied.

I think this is when Dally and the whole gang started hating the socs. They were all wondering how anyone could hurt such a sweet and innocent girl like me. I looked over to my kindergarten teacher who was outside supervising and saw her watching us. I saw her holding a book and pen.

We all knew we couldn't do anything to change what had happened. Darry somehow convinced Dally not to go yell at the boy.

*Grade 1*

"I hurt my knee!" I exclaimed as Pony and I walked out of class.

"What happened?" He asked. We saw the gang walk over to us as we waited for them.

"I was running when I fell on the ground!" I exclaimed pulling my pants up to show him my bruise.

"We're in the same class, how did I not know about this?" He asked himself.

"You were sleeping." I said obviously.

"That makes sense." He shrugged.

"What happened?" Darry asked as he looked at my leg.

"I was running and I was too fast so I fell!" I explained.

"C'mon, my mom can fix it." He replied.

"Where's Dally?" I asked.

"He went home early." Johnny replied. Little did I know that he'd actually been told to stay after school for getting in trouble.

*Grade 3*

I started liking this boy. The gang found out and Soda made sure he explained very carefully that some boys are dangerous.

"Don't worry Soda, he's really nice." I smiled.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

*Grade 4*

"I like you." I told the boy.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, but you can't tell anyone." I replied.

"Don't worry." He replied walking out.

~At lunch~

I walked outside after I ate my lunch and tried finding Ponyboy. I turned to the playground when some of my classmates saw me.

"Hey Riya! I didn't know you like Kendall!" A girl exclaimed.

"W-Who told you that?" I asked shocked at what they said.

"Oh no one..." She said walking away.

Don't worry Riya, they probably just heard you telling him. They won't tell anyone. I ran to the slide when I saw Ponyboy. I stood in front of the slide waiting for him to come down.

"Riya!" He exclaimed sliding down.

"Why did you tell Kendall?" He asked me.

"H-How do you know I told him?" I asked wide eyed.