Tree Lovers

A dead silence struck the living room. Ell was sitting at the couch with a bottle in hand staring at the reflecting dark screen. She was used to Matt's visits causing Matilda to text him all night and morning long. So no company in mornings was something she grew acostumed to.

Ell- I wonder how much longer until the wedding....

She chuckled a bit at her comment and jumped up when she saw Tom fall through the mirror face flat on the floor.

Ell- Tom?!? Dude you ok?

Getting up from her surprised comfort she went over to help him up.

Ell- I should teach you how to land sometime.......anyway what are you doing here?

Tom- Well....I did say see ya around-

Seeing how quiet the room made him get a bit tense. The room was dark and the only light to be seen was from the distant kitchen window. If anything he had learned to despise is silence along with darkness and learned to enjoy noise and brightness. He had to make her escape this darkness somehow.

Tom- Hey wanna go somewhere?

Ell's eyes popped in shock. Last she remembered Tamara rarely asked to go places, she was always the happy one not Tam. It's going to take her a while to get used to an enthusiatic Tom.

Ell- Sure....where though?

Tom made his way to the back of the couch and leaned up against it.

Tom- If this place is anything like mine... then you are going to like where we end up!

Ell- Sooo you won't say?

Tom- Nope!

Ell sighed and shuck her head tsking

Ell- Alright then...Let's go

Tom smiled rushing to hold the door open for her. As soon as she was out she shut her eyes tightly and looked away blocking out the rays of sunlight with her arms.

Ell- AAAHHHH.....the light....

Tom tilted his head at Ell who was hissing now. Normal human eye situations weren't his thing since he possesed none. It seemed to him rapid change from dark ages dark to bright as heck made the eyes ache badly.

Tom- How about drawing back the curtains more often? If this pain continues you could end up blinding yourself

Ell chuckled playfully punching Tom at his arm.

Ell- Ok ok Dr.Smartass! Can we go now?

Tom smiled warmly and began to lead the way. The bright daylight hitting their backs and faces. Sweat rolling down and they constantly kept pulling on their hoods to let air in. Why don't they ever take those things off?

Ell- Are we there yet?

Tom- Almost~

They reached a park with trees that had lemon lime leaves. Laughter of children filled the fresh forest air. Memories struck them both, but Tom didn't stop to soak this in. He continued to walk with Ell closely following after. Finally he stopped by a massive oak tree. Both stared up at its mightyness.