Chapter 7

My grandmother didn't answer but nodded her head. She watched as the snow fell into the limo, and she pursed her lips in disgust.

"Close the window," I warned, watching the snow land on her and into the nice limo. I glanced up at her and raised an eyebrow, and she arched an eyebrow. "Is it unlocked?"

"Yes," she replied, nodding her head. She studied me and blinked slowly, pulling a handkerchief from her sleeve and dabbing it where the snow had melted. "What are you going to do?"

"Have Tony hook the car to his truck and pull it out with Georgie, my little brother, will be making sure that the car stays steady. I'll be pushing."

"And how old is your brother? I don't think he can drive."

"But, he can keep the car steady," I replied, becoming defensive of my little brother. I narrowed my eyes, not liking her attitude. I was freezing my butt off to help her out, so she could at least be grateful. "He's done it before. He knows how to drive, too."

My grandmother didn't say a word. She nodded her head and closed the car window, signaling that she was done with the convo.

"You're welcome," I muttered, pulling the goggles back over my eyes. I slipped and slid back to Tony's car, making it to the trunk where Tony was already at with Georgie in his arms.

"I didn't want him to walk," Tony said, half of what he had said getting lost in the wind. However, I knew what he was trying to say. "Honk the horn when you are ready." He made a gesture of honking the horn, and I nodded. "I will too."

I grabbed Georgie and made my way back to the front of the car. I kept my body near it, not wanting to lose the car in this blinding snow.

"What am I doing?" Georgie asked. He had his face close to my neck, trying to keep his eyes covered from the blinding snow. His nose was turning red, and I knew that he was freezing.

I moved him around so that his back was facing the stinging snow. I made sure that his face was covered, even though there was little I could do to protect him from the elements at play. "Guiding it back onto the road."

"Ok."

I opened the driver's door and placed him in the seat. I watched as he moved the seat up until he was able to reach the pedals. "Put it in neutral," I said, and he did so. "Honk when I bang on the hood. Ok?"

Georgie nodded his head and watched as I made it to the front. He honked the horn when I banged on the hood, and Tony honked his car.

As Tony started to drive the truck slowly back onto the road, I pushed the limo. As soon as it was unstuck, Tony went to get the chains off while I made it back to the driver's door of the limo.

Georgie was sitting in the passenger seat, waiting patiently for me. He watched as I got in and adjusted the driver's seat so that I could reach the pedals. "Shouldn't we all squeeze into the truck? It could slide again."

I shook my head and took the ski goggles off. "It'll be a tight squeeze," I replied. "And after the storm, I am sure people might try to steal the cars that are "abandoned," especially a fancy limo like this."

Georgie nodded his head and stayed silent. He watched as the window dividing us go down to show our grandmother. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously and cocked his head. "Are you really, our grandmother?" he asked.

She looked at him as if she saw a ghost, and I was sure he looked like our father. "Uh... yes..." She paused and cleared her throat, moving a hand over a ring. There were this deep longing and guilt in her eyes, and I was sure it was because she finally understood that we should have known our father. "...yes, I am," she replied. She cleared her throat again and looked at me, her face turning back into an unreadable mask. "Where are we going?"

"My place," I replied. I placed the car back in neutral and waited for Tony to hook the car up. "Just to warn you. It is colder in there than it is out here."

"I guess I will have to take my chances," she replied. "We have things we need to discuss."

I bit my lip and held my tongue. I breathed a deep sigh, however, annoyed that we were going to be doing this. However, if I could help out my siblings, then I was going to listen, only for their sake.

They should not have to live like this any longer.