EPILOGUE

Dedicated Driziabluef
Soundtrack: La Da Dee by Cody Simpson

"The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday."
~Steve Maraboli

I am tapping my hands on the table while staring at the pen hanging in front of me. It's been a year and a half since that incident, where I killed Matthew, Wesley, Thaddeus, and his men. I cannot remember it all, somehow some vague pictures would appear in my dreams. I woke up two months ago for almost a year in a coma. I was in the hospital connected with apparatuses with the philosopher's serum. I just realized at that moment that the only keeps me for being alive is the philosopher's serum. Come to think of it? I have this healing power but it didn't work for a year now that they need to inject me those. So after all, my healing power has its limitation.

Alessandro Albert welcomed me with a worried face but instantly hugged me after he realizes that I was awake and keeps saying sorry for he wasn't able to protect me, and also sorry to mom because he wasn't on her side during her hard times. We were already weeping when I said that it is not his fault or mom, or anyone's fault. Everyone visited me like Trixie and the gang, the first generation reapers and of course Helen with others and my unexpected visitor, Detective Inspector Cohen Nicholson. All of them just stated that I should take care of myself and be healed immediately.

I am thankful for their concern but I was looking for someone who didn't visit me even once. Pierre. The man who knelt for my safety, the man who protected me from his father, and the man who touches my heart that night. The man who says things I can't fully understand.

"Please Sir, she's the person who enters my life out of nowhere and she means every world to me... I can't see my life without her.. she had my heart since day one. The world is a hideous place to live in but not when I'm with her.. to live without her is death to me. She's the reason that I believed in and she's the meaning I will forever breathe on. So please don't do this, I'm begging you. She's the proof that I can go through a great deal of darkness yet she makes it something beautiful. I can't lose her coz if I did I rather lose everything... Please... Please... I'm begging you. If I did anything right in my life it was when I started protecting her. Just take my own life instead of her"

I don't know what to say first if we meet again if I'm going to say sorry for suspecting him or say thanks for all of the things he has done for me. I just heard the news that he was exiled for what he had done.

"If you're going to ask about Pierre.. well he's exiled for doing the things he shouldn't do. He didn't say anything to Signor before going to the lions' lair"

"But it's not his fault" I commented on what Helen said.
She just rolled her eyes before passing the ripe mango.

"As if you don't know him. He will do the thing that he knows is the 'right thing'. And besides Signor got riled up when he knows what happened to Harper" Yeah. Harper.

I just remembered this coming from Helen. I still can't believe that they're fucking siblings! Or so half-siblings. I never imagined that their relationship is like that, no one ever told me, even Harper believed that they're not siblings or maybe no one wants to mingle with their business. Maybe the only man who knows everything is Gustavo Andreas Torrecili. Wicked man.

I was back from reminiscing when my phone beeps beside me. I was able to pick it up without breaking the chant on the hanging pen. Detective Cohen Nicholson sent the message with the caption 'Happy 18th birthday. Wishing you luck for those who are after you' PS. I'm one of them. I smiled at the text while replying to him 'I'm sorry that you cannot catch me and others but don't stop chasing the felonies'.