Hesitation was written all over Paul's face and I knew that it was the presence of Natalie.

"Nat... Can you wait for me here?" I guided her to my desk while I followed him towards the interrogation room.

"Prints from the murder weapon have a match. Came to one, Dinah Jane Hansen but most commonly known as Tangerine to the club. She works at the club where the victim was found."

"Her defense attorney would argue that she might have touched it at some point that she works there."

"True but the last call made by the victim was through her cellphone and the fluids that Dr. White found at our victim's groin area matched hers." He further explained. All we needed was a confession now and we can close this case.

"Then let's go get her story then."

Paul walked directly to the interrogation room while I watched from the adjoining room where a one way mirror was installed.

Looking at the suspect, she seemed distraught and scared. Her bags were full as if she hadn't slept for days. Must be due to her line of work. Her blonde hair was in a mess and there's a thick line from the smudges of her eyeliner.

Just what the hell happened last night.

My partner didn't waste anytime. He sat opposite the suspect and slammed the victim's photos in front of her. "Why did you kill him?"

She gasped. Surprised at the photo. "I didn't mean to kill him! I just wanted to knock him down." So it was self defense after all.

"Why?"

She placed her arms on the table. "He raped me and I had enough." I knew it! But the prosecutor can argue that it was rough sex.

"Why did he call you?"

"Because he wanted sex... He calls me every time he needed uh... A release..."

"What went wrong this time?" So they have a history but my guts tells me that there's something about this girl.

"I was still at work. I told him that I can't so he forced me. He held my hands, pushed me roughly to the wall and he had his way with me. After he finished, he said some humiliating words and just threw me like a piece of garbage."

"So you hit him."

"Yes! But I only wanted to knock him down! I didn't mean to kill him! I swear!"

"The impact alone wouldn't be able to kill him but the wood that you used has an embedded nail. That killed him."

"Oh my god... I really didn't mean to kill him!"

This girl will really need a good lawyer. Too bad she killed a very influential person. She's going to face hell. It's sad but it's how the system works.

"Okay... I need you to write everything in here then I will escort you to the hospital for a rape kit." The girl nodded and began writing while my partner exited the room.

When he entered the room that I was in, I knew that he also didn't like where this Case's going. "Do you believe her story?" I asked.

"It's not our job anymore. We got the culprit, now it's time for the lawyers to fight it out to the court." He said as he massaged his temple.

The door then suddenly opened when we were about to exit. "What's the status?" The captain asked.

"She confessed to hitting him. The death was accidental due to the nail." Paul replied.

"Accident or not, it's not our call. I'll inform the DA."

"What? Why the DA?"

"The parents are good friends of the DA, he'll be trying the case himself."