Chapter 10

Normani's POV

"Faster! Come on faster!"

"Faster guys! Run!"

The coach yelled as we continued to make laps. Since we were again shirt on players, we needed to make sure we have enough stamina in every game.

"Run!"

I was a bit surprised when I saw my best friend Lauren coming in to the gym. She doesn't usually hang around school that much, she prefers to go home and sleep or play video games.

Lauren and Ally was in a very deep conversation and so many times I saw Ally blushing. I wonder what they were talking about but one thing's for sure, Laur wasn't charming my girl. She knew that I had a thing for Ally, she must have been teasing her or something.

"Normani! Keep running!" The coach yelled.

"Sorry coach, but I need to speak to someone." I said as I left the court and ran towards them.

"What the? Get back in here!" She yelled again.

"Sorry! I'll be back soon!" I was nearly out of breath in climbing the bleachers. I had already ran quite a few laps so I'm kind of tired. "What brings you here?"

"Nothing, just bored." Laur said knowing that this question was for her since Ally always watch me practice.

"If you're bored then make yourself useful and join the team." I encouraged. We used to play a lot when we were kids. However, due to modern technology, actual playing turned into cyber one.

"Nah... I'm too lazy..." She said.

"It's not up for debate. Come on!" I then pulled her away from the bleachers towards the coach.

"Mani... I can't really play in this." She whined. I looked at her outfit and she was wearing a sneakers already so it'll be good. She just needed to remove her tops. I knew for a fact that she always wear undershirts.

"Just remove your top. You're already wearing sneakers anyways." I argued and she at long last, she submitted.

"Fine..." She replied but there's something in her voice that said otherwise, it's just like I won the battle but she won the war.

"Coach!"

"Get back running!" She yelled.

"This is my friend Lauren. She would like to join our team."

"Try outs are over."

"Coach, we don't have to try out and besides we need at least one more player." I explained. The coach took a deep breath and then looked at Lauren.

"I know you... You're trouble... But okay, since I need at least one more player... Can you shoot?"

"Aren't you going to ask me if I can at least dribble?" Lauren said in which she had a point.

"I don't need you to dribble. Mani is a good point guard, she can just pass to you the ball and then shoot, it'd been like that since its hard to find a player who can both dribble and run at the same time." The coach also had a point. In reality, our team really sucked. Especially last year since we were last in the standing. This school needs more basketball scholars. Hell, they need to force those spoiled brats to actually do some physical activities other than sex.

"Well..." Lauren started. "I just need to throw the ball into that ring right?" She acted innocent. We played before so I know her skills. I can't wait to see the coach's reaction.

The coach blew her whistle and ordered the girls to take a rest, she then took one ball and passed it to Lauren. "I want you to try and make a basket in there, there, and there." She pointed at the spot inside the center line.