Chapter 12

Lauren's POV

"So team, this is it! I need you to use everything you have learned and what we've practiced in this game. Remember our school has not won a single basketball game since it was founded so I want a win now." The couch told us. It was true, this school sucks at the athletic department since most of the rich students preferred golf, tennis or equestrian. The kind of sports that doesn't include and body contact.

"Yeah!" My team yelled including Mani. But I'm still not that people person so I just remained quiet.

As we were about to exit the looker area, I was surprised by the appearance of the student council president and vice president. "Good luck guys!" They said.

"Awww... Of course Austin." Some of my teammates cooed which made me wanna vomit.

"Thanks!" I said but it was only intended for Camila.

My team exited the looker area but I opted to stay awhile and talk to her. "I never knew you were a fan."

"You its part of our duties to support all teams if they have a game." Oh... I almost forgot about that. "But since you're playing, mind if I watch you?"

"I'd like that."

"Laur! What's the hold up?" Mani yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled back. "I need to go." She nodded and walked with me.

Austin's POV

As part of the council, It's mine and Camila's duty to oversee the teams playing. We sometimes share responsibilities if more than one team is playing in the same day but since today is it was only basketball, we both showed our support.

Most of the team members melted on my charm at my mere appearance, some however was more into Camila... Especially that dyke. Since when she joined the team?

My blood boiled in anger as my veins threatened to explode when Camila volunteered to watch. She never watched any of my games, she just showed support, make sure everything's okay then leave. I even begged her to watch some of my games.

Just what the hell's going on with these two? But no matter what, there's only going to be one outcome.

Camila's POV

I sat besides the reverves players as our first five went into the game. Looking around, there were more crowd the before.

"Go Lauren!" Most of the people yelled.

"She's so cool!"

"I love you Lauren!"

I should have known that it was all about Lauren. She was really popular in this school.

Two players went to the line for the jump ball. Since I found out that Lauren's playing basketball, I read some articles about them to learn the sport. The referee whistled and threw the ball up. Our team captain Mani, who was Lauren's bestfriend managed to swat the ball to Lauren. In an instant, Lauren released the ball behind the three points line and made a score. Wow! She's really good.

"Kyahh!!!!!!" The crowd behind me yelled it was then that I noticed the sign board that they were holding. It said 'Go Lauren! We love you!'. I believe it was her fan club. I wonder if Austin also had his... I never paid attention to his game. It made me feel guilty because he was my friend after all.

"Yes!" The crowd cheered again I was so lost in my thoughts that I missed the plays. I looked at the score board and saw our school was up by nine points. Our opponent hadn't made any basket yet.