Chapter 22

Camila's POV

I never felt so relieved in my life. Talking about my past helped me lessen the burden. Lauren and Natalie were both kind and caring they weren't judgmental.

The incident in the woods was kept private that even the council was not aware of what truly happened. All everyone knew was that Lauren had gotten into a fight. My attack wasn't disclosed.

Lauren and I was allowed to get the rest of the week off but I chose not to. Lauren did the same even if I told her to just rest.

"Camz... We're here." She said and parked the car. But before I get out of the car, she stopped me for while. "Hey... Just wondering how we will be today... I mean... We're together now... I'm wondering if we would keep it to ourselves or you know..." She blushed as she tried to ask me those questions and she looked so adorable being shy.

"Well... I dong want to stir much attention... And I wouldn't really want to get attacked by your fan club so maybe we could keep it down a bit?" I responded.

"Sure... No problem." I was about to exit the car when I noticed it was still locked. "Is there anything else Lauren?"

"Umm... You see... Next week's the ball... Would you be my date?" She finally asked.

"Yeah... About that... I'm not really going."

"Why?"

"It's complicated." I lied but the only reason that I'm not going was because I don't have anything to wear and I don't really want to spend my little savings on a dress.

"Okay then..."

"If there aren't anything else then can you unlock the door? We're going to be late."

"Oh yeah... Sorry."

Lauren's POV

"Ugh... My whole body is sore..." I whined to myself. It was best if I probably just rest since my ribs still hurts like a bitch.

There's only one place that I could go to now... The clinic. I'm sure Lindsay will let me rest for the whole day.

"Hey Lauren! I heard about what happened yesterday. I'm glad you're okay." I said thanks and went directly to the bed. "So you finally graduated from my clinic to hospitals, huh?..." She joked.

"Yeah..." I ran along since I wanted to kill the conversation. "Can you wake me up at lunch?"

"Sure... Just rest."

Normani's POV

It was already lunch time and I've never seen my best friend around. I have sent her several texts but she's not answering.

"Hey Mani!" I turned around to see James. "Have you seen my iPad? I can't find it since yesterday."

"You probably left it in the penthouse." I replied. "Have you seen Lauren?"

"No... She wasn't at our class this morning. Have you tried the clinic?" I shook my head no. "She is probably sleeping somewhere since I saw her truck's in the parking."

Brad, Tony and Ally then appeared from the corner. The three have the same classes before lunch. "Sup guys!"

"Mani..." Ally started. "Have you got your dress already?"

"Ally... I was actually debating on wearing a tux." I honestly said. "For a change..." I have nothing against wearing a dress... In fact, I love dresses and heels but this time, I feel like wearing a tux. I can already picture myself wearing an all black tux with bow tie that matches Ally's dress. Then I would just tie my long brown her into a pony tail or something.